Child size bow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timf67

New User
Tim
I saw that a few of you on here a bowyers. My 4 year old son is going through a "Robin Hood" phase and every stick he can find becomes his "bow" or arrow. I was wondering if any of you bowyers make or would make a child size bow - more as a toy than a working bow. I would even be willing to buy your imperfect pieces.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Member CarvedTones is your man:icon_thum
Oops, he's in Raleigh and you are in Charlotte :crossedlips:
Anyway, I'm sure Andy will respond with good info!

Roger

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I will have to take a look; I think I have an offcut or two that would be long enough. I would just send it to you. But what will you use for arrows?

CarvedTones

Andy
I will shoot you a PM in the AM; I have something I practiced shaping with that may work.

CarvedTones

Andy
Well, a bit of what would have been scrap (off cut from a larger bow) has become this:

HPIM0983.jpg

HPIM0984.jpg

I just need to glue on a rest, do some final sanding, wrap a jute twine handle and put some finish on it, unless you want to back it and decorate it, in which case I would give you a strip of "Linen Look" and instructions. This will be a "pay it forward" deal; just do something for someone else or make a site donation. We need to either line up ponies or I will have to find a mailing tube. It should be ready to go this weekend.

timf67

New User
Tim
Andy,

Thank you! That is perfect!:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I will be more than happy to pay it forward! I will also pay for a mailing tube and shipping, it only seems fair. As for finish, I was not planning on decorating it, so go for your normal finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS