Chiggers, ticks and mosquitos

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member

And chickens from what I've heard, I've heard they are good at pest control.
A few years back my neighbor starting keeping some "free range" chickens, as well as some ducks, that ranged through my yard as well as theirs. Still got an occasional tick if I let the grass get too high, but my japanese beetle problems disappeared after a couple years, and they also would scoop up any baby snakes that tried to make their way across the properties.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Hey Bruce on that California thing. When looking through a woodworking catalog the other day I started to notice all the things that can't be shipped to that state. How in the heck can you finish anything. Do you sneak over to Nevada buy it and bring it back using back roads?

Pop :(

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
California also prides itself on lack of coal fired power plants. The two largest coal fired plants in the west are in Utah, and only supply power to California, but they ain't IN California. California used to be the seventh largest economy in the world. Think about a state with an economy larger than most countries. They can do what they want. Driving west into California, you can't bring in oranges or lemons either. Trucks made before a certain date are barred at the border from entering into California. Same goes for railroad locomotives. One of the reasons Cat left the truck engine business was California's rules.

Tracey2trn

New User
Tracey2trn
The question of how to get rid of ticks and mosquitoes is relevant because of the spread of pests. The network offers a lot of ways to save you from adversity. I hate insect pests. In fact, I tried a lot of things and nothing helped.I've been trying to kill them for days. I tried different methods. My friend advised me to contact a company that deals with professional pest control masterspestcontrolsydney . They killed all the insects in less than an hour, and now I don't have any problems with them.

Last edited:

mpeele

michael
User
If you want a "all natural" control for ticks you need a herd of possums. They just love ticks.
If you don't like possums there's guinea fowl. They'll eat any bug but foxes love to eat them.
We had a problem with ticks and mosquitos. After a couple of tick bite infections we decided use a mosquito control company to fog about every 3 weeks during mosquito season.
We have used them for about 6 years and what they use is more a repellent than pesticide.
It does not affect bees or other pollinators because we have had a bee hive for the entire 6 years.
They apply the stuff with a backpack sprayer/blower.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS