Chestnut wormwood wanted

BigEd682

New User
Ed
IMG-3890.jpg IMG-3892.jpg
Hello all. I'm refurbishing an older home in Fairview, NC and I'm in need of some wormy chestnut wood. The existing pieces are 3", 4", 5" and 6" wide and in various lengths (see the attached pictures). I need approximately 150-170 sq.ft. to make the needed repairs. The existing walls are just beautiful and my wife and I are looking forward to returning this gem in the rough to it's former glory. Please let me know if you have any of this wood available or know someone who does. Thank you my fellow Woodsman. Ed

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey, Ed. Your profile doesn't state where you are located so, depending on where you live, you might find some at reclaimed lumber suppliers.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Ed,

I didn’t specifically check your location and for chestnut, but I have had some success sourcing wood using the “wood finder” web page. It’s a relatively old school web page but it used to work reasonably well.

Good Luck!

DJwoodguy

New User
Dave
View attachment 190946 View attachment 190947
Hello all. I'm refurbishing an older home in Fairview, NC and I'm in need of some wormy chestnut wood. The existing pieces are 3", 4", 5" and 6" wide and in various lengths (see the attached pictures). I need approximately 150-170 sq.ft. to make the needed repairs. The existing walls are just beautiful and my wife and I are looking forward to returning this gem in the rough to it's former glory. Please let me know if you have any of this wood available or know someone who does. Thank you my fellow Woodsman. Ed
Hi Ed,
I'm in Denver NC (Near Charlotte) I have quite a bit of wormy chestnut. What you pictured looks to be T&G which mine is not.
Feel free to contact me if you do not find any closer.

Thanks

BigEd682

New User
Ed
Hey DJ,
Can you tell me some more about the wormy chestnut you have?
Thickness, widths, lengths? How much do you have (SF)? How much are you asking per SF?
I'm not worried about T&G as I can do that myself.
I appreciate your time and consideration,
Ed

HenrichsenWood

New User
Jamie
The Wood Tender in Cornelius has a pile of hand hewn wormy Chesnut.

kyler07

New User
Kyler
I live in Waynesville, NC (not too far from you) and have a whole ton of it that we are most likely taking out when we begin our remodel (within the next few weeks). It's been on the walls away from the elements so it's in great shape.

-Kyler

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS