Chester County spice box

bbrown

Bill
User
That is a fantastic spice box Bill!
Wow, thanks so much for the kind comments Bruce. And it's great to hear about your background and some interesting stories! I moved with my family of 7 to Lancaster County which is adjacent to Chester Co. and lived there surrounded by Amish and old order Mennonites for many years. Good folks and some excellent craftsmen. Good food too!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Wow, thanks so much for the kind comments Bruce. And it's great to hear about your background and some interesting stories! I moved with my family of 7 to Lancaster County which is adjacent to Chester Co. and lived there surrounded by Amish and old order Mennonites for many years. Good folks and some excellent craftsmen. Good food too!
There were several years I did independent contracting, which seemed to be shingling roofs for the most part. I'd get the job, go and grab 2 of my Amish friends and get the work done. I usually did the bull work of carrying the bundles up the ladder, ;probably why my back is messed up beyond repair. I've broken bread with the Amish many times, in their homes and on the road. When we moved to the Hickory area, we became members of the Mennonite church here. I was raised Methodist, and spent 4 years pastoring 2 United Methodist country churches--until we starved to death. Anyhow, that all just lead me to a large Pentecostal Church, where we are very happy. There are some very interesting stories, that anyone who has spent a bunch time around them, can relay, but many of those stories would denigrate them and their faith, which would be wrong to do. I really enjoyed their company, and working with them. They have a great sense of humor and love to play practical jokes on each other. The workshops of the more liberal Amish groups would astound you. By using air and hydraulic motors, and by the use of a central power unit, they can run their modern machinery using belts, hydraulic and air lines. They even power hand routers.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS