Chessboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Well, I started this chessboard 5 years ago. Yes... 5. I orginally made 3, and well, the 3rd just kinda sat for a while. Well, I finished it last weekend. It is mahogany and maple. Thanks for looking.

chess-board3.jpg

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
It is both solid mahogony and maple, finished with a generous coating of tung oil.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
clowman said:
Well, I started this chessboard 5 years ago. Yes... 5. I orginally made 3, and well, the 3rd just kinda sat for a while. Well, I finished it last weekend. It is mahogany and maple. Thanks for looking.

chess-board3.jpg

SUPERB job!!:icon_thum Jerry

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I can't believe no one noticed that good looking young man holding that chessboard? Beautiful blue eyes. That child will break someone's heart one day.

Beautiful board, I second the thoughts of making the pieces for the board.

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Clay, the fact that you returned and finished the piece after 5 years just shows you are tenacious! ;-)

That's a beautiful looking board and a handsome young man displaying it!

If it makes you feel any better, I've been thinking about building a chess board for 5 years and haven't even started yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
lwhughes149 said:
I can't believe no one noticed that good looking young man holding that chessboard? Beautiful blue eyes. That child will break someone's heart one day.

I just thought that was a really big chest board and that Clay had just shaved. His son looks just like him. :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
I just thought that was a really big chest board and that Clay had just shaved. His son looks just like him. :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

You guys kill me! I lost my gum when I read this. I'll see if I can't scare up a a picture of the first chess board.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great job on the chess board Clay. And Andrew your shop apprentice is doing a superb job displaying it for you.:icon_thum That chess board sure looks a heck of a lot better then the one I made in 8th grade shop class.

D L

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Here is the other chessboard I made. I have one each for each of my sons. The first one has been finished with tung oil for 5 years. The same boards of wood was used in making each of them. I think they are both very different. I used different border wood so the boys could tell them apart, and not argue which is which...

other-board2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS