I finally got the handles attached this evening. I'm calling this one complete. Thanks to everyone that guided me through finishing this piece. I couldn't be happier with the lacquer over the shellac. Especially to Johh, who pointed out that if I didn't spray it, I would gunk up all of the chamfers. I decided to go with some smaller brass handles and put 2 on each side of the drawer instead of one in the middle. I am happy with the outcome with this project. If you have never done veneer or inlay, this project would be something to interest you. Again the basic plan came from Woodsmith issue 132. Now, I gotta learn to play a decent game of chess. At least I will look like I know what I am doing! Thanks for looking. Pictures of the whole process in my gallery.