Chess Piece for my Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hello NCWW's,

Over the News Years Vacation time, I turned a Chess piece with my Step Father for my Mother.

I also never posted this, but I gave the HF lathe that I got from DaveO to my Step Father, who was very excited.

I mostly did all the turning, while teaching my step Father how to use each miniture tool.

My Mom was very excited, she liked it better than all the others...She now has one custom made chess piece with all her others

Spalted Maple wood From Mark Go, Thanks Mark~!

Thanks For looking~! :gar-Bi

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
WOW. Nice guy! Got him on the slippery spinney slope and then left him with one piece of wood and 15 more chessmen to make!:rotflm:

Good job for real, Matt. I'll check to see if there is any more of that southern red maple left that is usable. I doubt it, but if so, I will throw some in a flat-rate box and send them to you. I'm gonna guess that's about a 1x1x6 blank?

Go

dlrion

New User
Dan
Awesome! I was beginning to wonder if you had given up turning!!?? - Sarcasm- :rotflm:

Dan

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
WOW. Nice guy! Got him on the slippery spinney slope and then left him with one piece of wood and 15 more chessmen to make!:rotflm:

Good job for real, Matt. I'll check to see if there is any more of that southern red maple left that is usable. I doubt it, but if so, I will throw some in a flat-rate box and send them to you. I'm gonna guess that's about a 1x1x6 blank?

Go

Hello Mark,

My Mom bought a Chess set at a Second hand store, and it was missing one of the pawn's. So she asked me to turn her one pawn. I would have turned it smaller, more to the original size, but my Mom and Step Father both loved the black streaks and also wanted it to stand out as a piece their son Turned.

The piece is actually 1 5/8" square by 4 3/4" long, but don't really need anymore that size for chess pieces.

Of course, I will never turn down wood~! Thanks a Bunch~! :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS