Cherry Veneer Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I have a small table I am building that calls for some cherry. I need about 4' in length and 10" wide. Its such a small amount, I'm hesitant to send off to a supplier for a piece or two.

Anyone in the Ral/Dur area that might have some I am willing to pay or trade some walnut, maple or burl if that would be better. I just don't have any plain old cherry.

later

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dan,

I don't have any veneer but I do have almost 200 bf of really nice clear 4/4 cherry. Most of it has been moved here to Floyd but there is still one long board about 12' long in Cary in the carport. Not sure how wide it is might be 10" but I suspect it's more like 8" so you'd need to do a glue-up if it would work at all for you. This really clear wood with no sapwood at all.

Not sure when I'll be heading back that way with the weather what it is lately. Send me a PM if any of what I have will work for you and we'll figure something out. I got it cheap so can let it go cheap as well.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I got all you want. When do you need it and how do you want to make the trade?

Can you elaborate just a bit?? Plain cherry veneer? how wide?

Maybe a photo or two?

I have figured walnut and maple. This is not the paper thin veneer its fairly thick.

Need to see the cherry for now.

thanks
Dan

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Got plenty of cherry, walnut and maple veneer. This is all raw veneer (NOT paper backed).
Complete numbered flitches up to 20" wide and up to 11' long....and everything in between. Probably around 15,000 sqft.
PM if you are interested.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Can you elaborate just a bit?? Plain cherry veneer? how wide?

Maybe a photo or two?

I have figured walnut and maple. This is not the paper thin veneer its fairly thick.

Need to see the cherry for now.

thanks
Dan

Yeah, what Bernhard said. Let me see if I have pic. It is about 3/32 thick. For no more than you want will give it to you. B and I bought a very large amount together.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
EEDA89DD-0FD2-42F1-A0D8-E8D6A8B1B914.jpgEEDA89DD-0FD2-42F1-A0D8-E8D6A8B1B914.jpg

Sample of a piece of cherry veneer. Fairly typical. Actually, that is two pieces spliced, but lots of 16” plus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS