Check this out Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

meika123

New User
Dave Snider
Here is the latest offering of my cyclone construction. I have supported the top of the unit, as well as the cone. I will also, most likely, support the motor and impeller. It is, after all, quite heavy.
Whaddayathink?

M

McRabbet

By Jove, I think you've got it! I'd suggest you make the brace across the bottom removable or hinged. Otherwise, it will be in front of your bin when you want to slide the bin in and out. Otherwise, it looks like it will hold the weight and withstand the torque...

Rob

New User
Rob
I had to figure out that it wasn't me you were talking to.

Maybe one day I'll have a dust collector.

Rob

New User
Rob
One of these days, right now I'm saving up for a band saw and a lathe. After we get back from vacation next week, I'll be on a serious hunt for a good used lathe and/or 14" band saw.

M

McRabbet

David, I'll be curious how much your system ends up costing -- I'm sure it will be less than my CV1800 Clearvue (I bought mine before the price increase of October 1st at $995 with free shipping, 6 blast gates and a remote control), but you've gotten the joy of learning lots about cyclones!

Rob -- I'm the old geezer in the title of David's thread -- we've been trying to offer some collective wisdom about dust collection and he's doing a very good job of bringing his system up! If you are curious about ClearVue Cyclones, check out :XXcompute their website and see what we're talking about. There are at least a half dozen CV owners on this site.

If you are wondering why we go to the trouble of installing a high volume cyclone in a one-man shop, get yourself a :coffee2: (may need a pot!) and spend a few [strike]hours[/strike] err, days on this website -- Bill Pentz is the guru of small shop dust collection systems and has proven designs.

meika123

New User
Dave Snider
David, I'll be curious how much your system ends up costing -- I'm sure it will be less than my CV1800 Clearvue (I bought mine before the price increase of October 1st at $995 with free shipping, 6 blast gates and a remote control), but you've gotten the joy of learning lots about cyclones!

Well McRob,
It seems I have $585.00 in it for the motor and impeller (BTW-the list price on that motor is: Drum Roll---Just over $1100.00-OUCH!!!.) Approximately $40.00 for the 24 gauge steel I built the unit from. A couple of bucks for stove pipe, paint, screws, silicone, 2 x 4"s, etc. Most of this was on hand. If I factored in the labor, it would be considerably more, although I had at least $1m of fun building it. Now I've got to build my closet to house this beast. Already started hanging ductwork.
Lotta work-but 10 times the fun. :eusa_danc:eusa_danc

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice job on the CV, David!:icon_thum

The satisfaction of building it yourself is better than buying any day:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors