Check out this paper airplane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Wow! I love seeing other types of craftsmanship and hear the builders perspective.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I used to enjoy making balsa and tissue paper planes, and flying them. There is an association for them, Flying Aces International with a home base in Erie, PA. I used to belong and go to the meetings and FAI meets. The planes were powered by rubber bands, which came in difference thicknesses and several strands used in the plane. There is a lot of science in the sport, and knowing just how many twists to put in the rubber band is crucial. The idea is to keep the plane flying for as long as it will. Too many twists and the bands break and destroy your plane. That was a very discouraging occurrence, and happened too often to me.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Very, very cool! The builder is obviously extremely dedicated, patient, and skilled. Given the multi-year nature of his project, it will be interesting to learn what he does next!

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Balsa wood airplanes were available everywhere when I was a kid about 70 years ago. Not wood craftsmanship but they flew and crashed nose down pretty well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS