CHEAP Brad Nailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannah01

New User
Joe
Just an FYI for those of you trying to stock your shop on a budget like me:

Harbor Freight has their 18G 2" brad nailer (46309) on sale for $14.99. I know Harbor Freight stuff can be pretty "iffy", but this particular nailer seems to get reasonable praise on the web. Regular price is $49.99 and for $15 how wrong can you go? :mrgreen:

The Greensboro Harbor Freight store has them in stock but they are still marked at $49.99. The clerk told me to print out the web listing with the lower price and they will honor it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=46309

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't know if this is the same one you're mentioning. But I have a HF pin nailer (finer gauge than a finish nailer, with no head) and it works great. I think I got it for under $15. I said to myself if I use it a few times and it craps out, then I've got my moneys worth. I've been using it for about a year, on almost every project, and I've had no probs. Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I've got the HF pin nailer too and agree, for $15 it's hard to argue. I don't think it would be my tool of choice if I needed it all day every day but it has worked fine for over a year. I have the Porter Cable finish nailer that I bought as a combo with a pancake compressor a couple of years ago and it has been great too.

hannah01

New User
Joe
Yeah, that is pretty much the consensus from what I've read about the HF air tools--not great, but worth the money.

HardRock

New User
Gil
I've got the HF smaller brad nailer, max length is 1 3/16 - 1 1/4" or something....it works great, very smooth action, no air leaks. picked it up at the Charlotte store back in the summer for 9.99

ChrisC

New User
Christopher Cain
junquecol said:
Go to their web site and print you off a 20% off coupon- good through Dec14.

How about a link to this.

I could not find a coupon at their site.

J. Fred Muggs

New User
Fred Ray
Had the HF finish nailer until just a couple months ago. It is a great deal for the money. But, it ain't a Porter-Cable, Senco, Paslode or other "good" one. I paid $14.99, used if for about two years, gave it to my son when I could afford to buy the Porter-Cable. Same nails fit either HF or Porter-Cable. Naturally, I'd recommend a better one, but, the HF will do the job for a while for very little money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS