Chat transcripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
Where would I find transcripts of chat sessions. A search finds mention of them but no actual transcripts themselves.

Thanks,

Don

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Don,

If you look under the Articles section at the top of this screen, on the right hand side, you will see an option for chat transcripts.

Steve H.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Please be advised, however, that we presently have only a limited collection of Transcripts available, mostly from our first year of chats. Transcripts take considerable time to create and edit, especially the editing, for publishing and it eventually became too much for me to manage on top of taking care of this site with my present health issues and available time.

The raw log files have been preserved for most, if not all, chats, so someday a more complete collection may become available.

Rick M

New User
Rick
I have the transcript for Steve Ramsey, already edited. I can send it to someone for upload.
- sent via Tapatalk

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I have the transcript for Steve Ramsey, already edited. I can send it to someone for upload.
- sent via Tapatalk

Do you have the raw log files edited? That's what I need to generate the actual HTML used for posting transcripts as the log file is fed into a script to generate all the necessary HTML and color code each lne and username for readability (makes a big difference in ability to follow the conversation). If you do have the raw log file by chance, please feel free to attach it as a text file to this thread and I'll take a look at it.

It has always been the correcting of everyone's typos, extraneous comments (those not really related to the discussion) and the research to track down the missing URLs to references made in the chats so that the appropriate text can be properly linked against their website that takes so many hours to create.

Rick M

New User
Rick
Text and word file, that's all I have. I just cut and pasted from the chat box while the chat was going on and edited while reading. Took out the entering/leaving, any side commentary that Steve didn't respond to, smilies, spelling.

View attachment Steve Ramsey.zip

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've been editing the raw transcript files and have sent the last two to Steve for posting after he reviews them. He is a little behind in doing so. I haven't finished the one from last Thursday yet, but will probably get it done today for Steve's review and approval. In fact I'll start on it right now.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well it turns out Steve's been waiting on me while I've been waiting on him, so we were stalemated. I've sent the last 3 Guest Chat Transcripts to somebody that can actually get them posted to the articles section for us.

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
Text and word file, that's all I have. I just cut and pasted from the chat box while the chat was going on and edited while reading. Took out the entering/leaving, any side commentary that Steve didn't respond to, smilies, spelling.

View attachment 14272

Rick, that worked for me thanks.

Sounded like that was a fun chat. Sorry I missed it.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors