Charlotte Walnut Run to Youngsville - It's a bust. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwat

New User
Bill
You are 100% on target and personally I really appreciate your sound judgement. I still feel the need to assist with your expenses on our behalf so please let me know following the final tally. I still want some honey too:gar-Bi

Last edited:

mxracer

New User
Dan
You are 100% on target and personally I really appreciate your sound judgement. O still feel the need to assist with your expenses on our behalf so please let me know following the final tally. O still want some honey too:gar-Bi

Appreciate the understanding Bill.

As for expenses I was gonna run up anyway, I got some wood, and it was a nice drive so I'm worried about that and count that as my own. Appreciate the offers I've had already on it though. :wsmile:

For the honey it's expensive to ship, at least as much as the honey :( So when you are back on the road if you want to take a drive in the country you are more than welcome to come out and check out the scenery and grab some. If we are close at some point I'd be happy to meet you somewhere too.

2slow

New User
chris
You are 100% on target and personally I really appreciate your sound judgement. O still feel the need to assist with your expenses on our behalf so please let me know following the final tally. O still want some honey too:gar-Bi

DITTO I feel bad you wasted a whole day.

decibel

New User
Patrick
I was up there today and I'd say Dan's review is spot on. I was going to help load but I didn't take any of the lumber either as they spent a lot of time getting that bit ready before I arrived and considering dan made the trip I think what little bit could be mustered he should keep. There's no way we could have pulled enough to fill all the orders and would have run the risk people being disappointed.

Maybe next time :(

Thanks Dan for making the effort ! I did get a bottle of honey out of this ;)

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Thanks Dan- Really appreciate you taking the time and effort. I think your decision was spot on!

I know the leaves are quite pretty here in Charlotte right now, we're they just as splendid up Youngesville way?

mxracer

New User
Dan
Thanks Dan- Really appreciate you taking the time and effort. I think your decision was spot on!

I know the leaves are quite pretty here in Charlotte right now, we're they just as splendid up Youngesville way?

Oddly enough we did notice on the drive that it looks like it's a week or two behind up there. That or it's just that the tree species up there that have color are more prevalent. It actually reminded me more of where I'm from in PA.

mxracer

New User
Dan
Dan, how about some pictures of what you did get?

Sure... few points first though.

First is this doesn't really represent what is there "on the floor". It's what has to be dug for at this point. That's not saying anything bad against anyone it's just fact. No one is going to walk in there and pull 100-200bf of USEFUL wood in 20 min.

Second is, all I did so far was unload and cut ends off of what was basically fire wood. So in that respect it is representative if what you MAY find if you dig a little. I don't really even know how to grade it. I guess the best way to describe it at this point is go to a saw mill and dig thru their scrap pile. You'll find some useful wood but your gonna have to hunt for it. :wsmile:

All in all Jeremy if I were close and it was just me or everyone that wanted some was there I'd go back and dig some more. But if it was more than say 1/2 hour - 45 min away I'd think twice before going back.

Two other things of note are:

First that Charlie said he needs it all out by next Sat. Someone close enough to take it all might have a shot at it if they were interested. I'd estimate there is about 1/2 semi trailer load left in the building IN RAW VOLUME.

Second is that this statement in the original post is not the case:

Charlie is fair when it comes to bad spots in the lumber. If the board is 10' long and the end 2' is worthless, he let's you calculate the footage on 8 feet instead of 10. But you carry the whole board away.

I had a board on the saw buck when Charlie came around one time and asked that very question. As it was the board had 11 bf. After you cut the ends off and figured a 1 in strip or so on each side for rot it may have yielded 5. He expects you to pay for 11bf. I'm not saying he's not being fair about it or it's a bad deal but it's not what was originally posted.

Charlie has some planed there at the shop that he started to play with and it looks like decent wood, but I suspect that was what was there before.

Here ya go... :wsmile:

Walnut51.jpg

View image in gallery

mxracer

New User
Dan
Ok, I think I have everyone's money refunded in PayPal. I was able to issue a refund and PayPal refunded the fees so everyone will get 100% of their money back.

Maybe next time it'll work out. :wsmile:

Nutball

New User
Paul
Thanks for the effort Dan - and also to the others who helped.

No big deal for me as I didn't have anywhere to put the wood anyway.

BrianInChatham

New User
Brian
Thanks for the info, sorry it wasn't what everyone hoped for. I've had to refund $$ on paypal a few times and as long as you process it as a refund rather than simply sending $$ back to the originator, there are no fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS