Change location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
I do not seem to be able to edit my location on my info page.
Name, occupation and such have the little edit "pencil", but the city does not/
I am trying to change "Duncan" to "Vanceboro".

THANKS!

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
Hi Tom

I made the change for you.

Not 100% sure if that's typically a user editable field or not. Others can verify for sure.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
If you into your settings, then edit your zip. Even if you zip is still the same it will five you the choice of cities.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Just to be clear the correct way is to change your zip in your settings. That change the city or at least give a choice.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Just a followup up...

... When you change your zipcode through Settings/Edit Profile route, you will *only* be presented with a list of available city choices *if* there is more than one city name available for your zipcode. If your zipcode has only a single city assigned to it then you will not be prompted to select a city and the zipcode will be all you see. However, when you submit your zipcode change to the server, the City, County and State information will have been automatically set correctly for your zipcode.

I really wish there were a way to disable editing through the "My Profile" page, the programming that it takes to manipulate the City, County and State changes is pretty complex and unfortunately does not carry over well to the "My Profile" page ... that and it is kind of silly to have two seperate panels for editing the same profile (at least IMHO!) -- it just makes profile edits more confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS