Chainsaw strikes back

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Well today I had to replace the new chain on my old homelite because I hit some buried wire in a tree.Anyway,I go get another chain and proceded to finish the job (yeah right) Well I started to cut a slice out of the stump,set the saw down on the right side of me an went to pull the slab away and it wasn't quite cut thru and when I yanked on it,it sorta came loose a little to fast and the back of my hand smacked right down on the still spinning chain,an the juice started squirtin all over the place.So I grab the saw an turn it off then after putin it away(don't leave nuttin layin out in tampa)I wrapped a bunch of paper towels around it and headed To the VA where they finally stopped the leak put about 8 stitches in it an sent me home.Give me a few days and I gonna work that saw ta death,teach it ta bite the hand that feeds it :saw:

M

McRabbet

Doesn't sound like you had some stout leather gloves on, my friend... Sorry to hear of the mishap and trust it will heal well. I've also got a pair of chaps I wear when I'm cutting, along with my Peltor ear muffs.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry about your mishap. :gar-Cr
One thing I've learned about chainsaws, though. You can't teach 'em nothin'

b4man

New User
Barbara
Ken,
I'm sorry you had this happen. Please take good care of your hand and yourself!

Barbara

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Ken,

Sorry to hear about you getting into a disagreement with the chainsaw ... (no way to win that kind of an argument) I'll say a prayer for your quick and complete recovery.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Gloves ,chaps,helment ??????? Ohhhh yeah,I wore em all the time when I worked for a livin.I think I deserve this :slap: :slap: :slap: .
Anyway thanks for the kind word folks.hopefully somebody reading this will learn a valuable leason.I was lucky also as I just missed the main blood vessel buy about a 1/4".

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Ken, I'm very sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm glad it wasn't worse. I hope you have a quick recovery! :eusa_pray

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Here's wishing you a speedy recovery, Ken.:eusa_pray Hope you're good as new soon.

Oh yeah, for not wearing proper safety gear you get one of these too... :slap:

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Sorry about the injury, and hope it heals good.
But I have to add, when the saw is idling the chain should not be moving at all.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Wishing you a speedy recovery. I had one bite my knee several years ago. They are nasty machines to the flesh. Heal Well. Steve

reprosser

New User
Rick
Each time I read about someone getting hurt, it is a reminder for me to pay attention and try to be safer. (and learn from others mistakes or freak accidents)

Sorry for your pain, but thanks for posting and providing that reminder.

Heal quick.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Well today I had to replace the new chain on my old homelite because I hit some buried wire in a tree.Anyway,I go get another chain and proceded to finish the job (yeah right) Well I started to cut a slice out of the stump,set the saw down on the right side of me an went to pull the slab away and it wasn't quite cut thru and when I yanked on it,it sorta came loose a little to fast and the back of my hand smacked right down on the still spinning chain,an the juice started squirtin all over the place.So I grab the saw an turn it off then after putin it away(don't leave nuttin layin out in tampa)I wrapped a bunch of paper towels around it and headed To the VA where they finally stopped the leak put about 8 stitches in it an sent me home.Give me a few days and I gonna work that saw ta death,teach it ta bite the hand that feeds it :saw:

Sorry to hear you got hurt, and happy to hear (I hope) that only eight stitches fixed it. May want to lower the idle speed on the saw so the chain stops at idle. Might need to clean out/oil the centrifical clutch if it won't run with the chain not moving.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS