Ceramic Grinding wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handturnedbowls

New User
James Holland
I recently got a set of 3 ceramic grinding stones.

I didnt realize what I had until I looked up the number from Norton. Their signature color is purple.

I have never found a wheel that cuts as good as this, with virtually no heat generation. Now I dress my tools using this wheel exclusively.

This stone cuts with just the lightest of pressure and leaves an edge with barely any burr if you apply just a few ounces of pressure.

It does not eat up the wheel badly either even though you can feel residue coming off while you grind, I have not had to dress the wheel but once in 6 weeks.

They are very expensive but this is one case where you get what you pay for. It should last a long time because you dont have to grind but a few seconds to sharpen.

I recommend this wheel for sharpening your tools, but not grinding to shape. Use a cheaper wheel to grind the profile. Cool the tool, then switch to the ceramic to dress the final edge.

cad

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Cad,

Can you post a link to the type of wheels that you bought? I would be interested in them. Are they equivalent to a certain grit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS