Cedar posts for Arbor/Pergola - green or KD?

Green or KD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
Here I've not seen a problem with bee's on ERC. I've sure seen them on barn wood. I use 4x4's on my grape vines and when the vines got big and heavy they snap the posts off at ground level. I replaced them with 6x6's and used another one on each post at a angle for support.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Ok, your plan is interesting and thanks for posting the link to it.

What's the plan for the "upper structure" attached to the cedar posts? More cedar? You didn't want the dreaded PT lumber but you can's use regular construction lumber either. If you're going to grow grapes around the perimeter I'd omit the lattice work shown in your plan (don't need it with grape vines).

Warrierr:pergola.jpg

warrierr

New User
R
Ok, your plan is interesting and thanks for posting the link to it.

What's the plan for the "upper structure" attached to the cedar posts? More cedar? You didn't want the dreaded PT lumber but you can's use regular construction lumber either. If you're going to grow grapes around the perimeter I'd omit the lattice work shown in your plan (don't need it with grape vines).

Warrierr:pergola.jpg

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the sketchup! My plan was to use more cedar for the upper structure - probably 2x4s. I'm pretty stoked for this project! Thanks for everyone's advice. This forum is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS