Cedar daybed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Here are a few pics of the day bed I have been working on the last week or so. I met up with Scott Smith a couple weeks ago and we processed the cedar boards to get them to the right dimensions. Got them all cut up and put together. Love the smell of cedar. Need to get the wife to order the bedding to go on it before I get it hung up.

Now for the big question. Anyone know how I can take the vinyl down here so I can get to the roof studs to hang the swing?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Wow Johnny, that really came out nice!

Hopefully Dennis will jump in with some advice re the vinyl ceiling...

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Scott, Thank you so much for the help with the boards. I'm glad you suggested I get a couple extra boards. I ended up with about 12'' of scrap wood. We will be coming back to see you soon.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
no need to take the vinyl off. locate the framing with a stud finder and drill some over sized holes through it then pre-drill the framing for your hooks. you need the holes in the vinyl over sized to allow it to move freely. 1/4" over sized should be enough. looks good!

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
+1
no need to take the vinyl off. locate the framing with a stud finder and drill some over sized holes through it then pre-drill the framing for your hooks. you need the holes in the vinyl over sized to allow it to move freely. 1/4" over sized should be enough. looks good!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
The bed turn out great. Now everyone will be able to find you when your goofing off.

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Thank you guys, I figured out how to get the vinyl down and put up some braces and supports for the swing to hang from. We got it hung up and decorated today. Here is the finished product.

MagGeorge

New User
George
That is one beautiful and comfortable day bed. Like the look and finish of your cedar. It a great addition to the porch with those bright colored cushions. Great work!

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Thanks for the kind words everyone. It was a fun build and now I get to be lazy while I enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS