CBN Wheels,Best Deal, Size Grit Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
[h=2][/h]
I have a slow speed grinder I got from Woodcraft a few yrs ago.I am wanting to get at least one CBN wheel when I have some extra $. If you get just one what grit would you get? If 2 which 2 grits? And who has the best deal or best to work with? I know Vince of Vinces WoodsnWonders is a great guy with good products!

This grinder has worked good so far.I did have to send the first one I ordered back..ran out of balance. https://www.woodmagazine.com/review/...-speed-grinder

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Mike I found some online for around 100$.I have it saved on my laptop if you need the site info

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
You've probably got a 60 and 120 grit white wheel on the grinder now. I'd think about the same with CBN would be good, but have no experience with them.

JonB

Jon
User
Ken at Woodturnerswonders.com has the best prices that I've seen. I also have a slow speed grinder, I bought a 180 grit from Ken a couple years ago. I didn't think I needed a CBN wheel but now I wouldn't want to be without it. Just the fact that the wheel is always true and always stays the same size makes it worth while. You can talk to Ken, he's very knowledgeable, he'll guide you to the correct wheel for your application.

Jim Wallace

jimwallacewoodturning.com
Jim
Corporate Member
I also got mine from Woodturnerswonders. I have another grinder set up for coarser grinding. You can only grind high speed steel with these wheels. I got the 250 and the 600 grit wheels and really like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS