Cat_Box_Closed.jpg

Also inside:
Cat_Box_Open_For_Business.jpg

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/uploads/641/Cat_Box_Closed.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like a great way to hide a cat box. Just one comment. You should apply finish to the inside of the box. At a minimum a clear finish. It might help prevent the wood for picking up the odor. Especially if you have male cats. Male cats tend to over shoot the box.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Nice cat box. My sister built her cat box into the wall between the kitchen and the garage. The cat enters from the kitchen and does its business in the litter box which is in an enclosure on the garage side of the wall. We've tried a lot of things, first basic plastic litter box, then got one of those electronic auto scooping boxes, now we just have one of the litter boxes with a cover. We were/are not happy with any of the solutions.

The best improvement has been a new type of litter. Though expensive we started using the "Worlds Best Litter" which is available at PetSmart, Tractor Supply, etc. It is made from corn meal or something related instead of clay. It really controls the odor much better and outlasts regular litter by a big margin. It clumps like crazy too. An aroma (not the typical ammonia smell) starts to grow when it is time to change.

The cat still will track some of the litter into the house, especially when it gets closer to needing to be changed and has become a little powdery.

The solution: Potty train the cat!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That turned out great Anna-Catherine! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap That's a very inventive way to hide the litter box. :icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That came out great, it looks like an authentic chest. A vast improvement over an open litter box!

dave

New User
Dave
That's really nice! I'll have to show this to the wife as we have two cats and this would be a nice way to contain the liter and odor.

Dave

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Thanks guys! The best part was when we introduced the box to each cat. They all took to it right away! We are fanaticle about clean living and we clean the box at least once per day. My bunnies don't get a cleaning except every other day...but they live in the garage...the heated garage! LOL. There is a phase 2 to this deal. I am going to build a playhouse/feeding/watering station for them too. It will be two stories and matching the litter box...er box!

Now how the heck to design it! :dontknow::icon_scra:help:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Talk about a double take....

Immediately after clicking on "Cat Box is Done" to open up the thread, an advertisement for Ford Work Solutions popped up at the top of the page. Its caption read "leaving something behind?" :rotflm:

Glennbear

Glenn
Nicely done ! I agree with Scott's suggestion about finishing the interior but since cats have such sensitive noses I would steer clear of smelly finishes like Poly. For your next project do not forget that bunnies gnaw EVERYTHING. DAMHIKT :BangHead: :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS