cast iron router wing from Peachtree Supply experiences?

lastgoodusername

New User
lastgoodusername
Looking into one of these and was wondering if anyone has one and what your thoughts are on it. Looking to install it on the left side of my Rockwell contractor saw utilizing an aux fence on my Biesemeyer. Thanks, Johnny

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I can't speak to the product you are considering, but I would definitely recommend that you read through their customer service, shipping and returns policy before making any purchase.

I have stopped doing business with Peachtree based on some of those policies. For instance, making the customer pay for return shipping and not refunding original shipping charges even if a product is received damaged or an order is not as expected.

bbrown

Bill
User
You can buy Gift Certificates now at Peachtree: $80 for $100 GC. I bought two which will save me $40 off of $200 worth of any purchases in the future. I assume this includes their specials, since this is a gift certificate and should apply to everything.

lastgoodusername

New User
lastgoodusername
I can't speak to the product you are considering, but I would definitely recommend that you read through their customer service, shipping and returns policy before making any purchase.

I have stopped doing business with Peachtree based on some of those policies. For instance, making the customer pay for return shipping and not refunding original shipping charges even if a product is received damaged or an order is not as expected.
Thank you for the heads up.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Either ShopNotes, or Woodsmith did an article once on building a router table to replace left side table extension. It's on my bucket list, and has been for several years.

ste6168

New User
Mike
I have the peachtree extension/router wing. IMO, it is a really nice router table for the price. The plate that it came with was fine, but I ended up getting an older Woodpeckers plate from someone on here, that makes it even better! I would eventually like to install a router lift, but for now, this works great. I kept the original plate, with intents of using it elsewhere in the future. I bought the one that included the fence, for my needs, seems to be plenty good enough!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I also echo Mark's comments about their customer service which is abysmal. I ordered a lamp from them that arrived in a non-working condition - wouldn't turn on. They would not send a replacement until I returned the original at my expense so they could verify it was non-functional. I did get a replacement eventually, but I will not do business with them again. They followed their rules as they are written so I have no recourse, but their rules are not customer friendly. Customer is treated as a crook until proven innocent.

Other's like Lee Valley and Klingspor take the opposite approach.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I have a BENCHDOG cast iron router extension wing on my Jet Super 10 cabinet saw. The problem arose when I needed to add legs to the end for stability, as the whole saw could easily be tipped. I had to make a cherry end piece for the router top so I'd have something to attach the legs to. The unit as a whole performs very well, and although I have another separate router table, there are operations I love to use it for like making finger or box joints, something I'll be doing today.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS