Carving with Mary May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bapakleo

New User
Leo
Just finished a 2 day carving class with Mary May at Ben Hobbs school in Hertford. She is fantastic! If you can study with her, do so. If not, check out her online school. Never cut a cabriole leg or carved anything. A stick of mahogany became a cabriole leg with a pretty good (if I do say so myself) Philadelphia ball & claw foot. Can't say enough good about Mary's instructional and interpersonal skills.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I met her at WIA, her booth was next to ours. She is a very nice person!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I also met her at WIA after seeing her a couple times on The Woodwright's Shop. She is very good at what she does and seems to also be a good teacher. Very personable. Seems to always have a smile on her face.

Her online class actually includes instruction on how to carve the Drawer Front that she did for the collaborative Chest of Many Drawers. While at WIA, she signed the drawer with her front on it.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am now one of her online students. I try to spend 30 to 60 minutes each night. She is a great teacher - I am a poor student but I seem to be learning. A new class is posted every Thursday night

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I was talking live. I've been in touch with her. It's $250/day (8 hrs).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeLake

New User
Mike
I took her Introduction to Woodcarving course at The Woodwright's School in Pittsboro. Highly recommended. Mary is an awesome instructor. Good cadence of see a little, do a little, see a bit more, do a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS