Carving patterns for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
http://www.johnshortell.com/items-for-sale/carving-patterns/

For those interested in high relief carving here is a site that offers some assistance. I have seen one of the patterns for the eagle mounts and it is very well done.

The Newport Shell carving is a challenging carving and the linear pattern is good for experience carvers but it might not be enough for beginners or even intermediate carvers.

I have seen and used some of the plaster castings offered by Mary May and Allen Breed. Having the 3 dimensional object at your finger tips is very helpful if you want to try your hand at this.

Shell carvings take a bunch of tools. Be warned.

Dan

MDWine

New User
Michael
I've looked high and low for a Bellamy eagle pattern, and my efforts were poor to say the least.
Thanks for posting this!!!

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member

MDWine

New User
Michael
Yep, I saw his work some time ago... stunning!
I purchased three patterns from Shortell's site yesterday.
You have to kind of giggle when you see the PDF, but when put together will be the start of a good carving.
I saw Rick Butz carve the simpler Bellamy eagle, and have wanted one ever since.
I have a Santa to finish up, and I'm going to do the chicken from Shortell, then on to my Bell'Eagle.
One of the hardest decisions is whether to keep it "rustic", or gild that hummer up and let him shine... Leaning toward the gold version right now.

At the rate I'm carving these days, i'll have plenty of time to decide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS