Carving is Easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Carving is Easy!
I began carving an Elephant and made a mistake so I turned the elephant into a Buffalo.
I made a mistake on the Buffalo and turned it into a Bear.
I made a mistake on the Bear and turned it into a Dog.
I made a mistake on the Dog and turned it into a Cat,
I made a mistake on the Cat and turned it into a Mouse.
I made a mistake on the Mouse . . .
and now I have a terrific Peanut proudly displayed on my bookshelf
reminding me that with a little patience Carving is Easy!

by Perry Reylonds
Carving and Canvas.com

GlassOnion

New User
Marshall
That sounds about like how my carving experience would turn out.:rotflm:

I was going to say the same thing, but I decided it would have to end differently to apply to me:

I made a mistake on the Peanut and turned it into a Sliced Thumb.
and now I have a terrific carving knife proudly displayed on my bookshelf
reminding me to never try carving again.

DWSmith

New User
David
When I worked for Ryobi some 25+ years ago I was at a demo day in Charlotte at a local tool and equipment dealer which shall remain nameless. As I was demonstrating the new Ryobi sliding compound miter saw a splinter flew off the cut and under the cuticle of my left thumb. It looked like a spear, hurt terribly and bled quite a lot. I shrugged it off got a bandage and continued. But I noticed there were some carvers across from me who found the event rather funny and had a laugh at my expense. I said nothing. A little later in the afternoon one of the carvers sunk a knife into his hand. Although the natural reaction would be to laugh, point and ask them how it felt, I said nothing again, preferring to take the high road. It was then I swore I would never try carving. Like turning, I doubt I would have any talent or be able to make anything except chips.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
The counterpart to this in turning is the weed pot; I wonder how many were actually planned to be weed pots from the start...

Glennbear

Glenn
It is amazing how easily a malformed cabinet door can be turned into a cutting board DAMHIKT ....:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS