carved city panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

stave

New User
stave
Here is a commission I have been working on for awhile. The material is poplar glued up to 48" x 96" x 2 3/4". It has been a monster. The white parts are bondo to fill knots, splits and mistakes in the early planning/carving. Probably the most difficult job I ever had and I will be glad when it is done!.

The finished job will be painted as well. The panel will go to a Brain Injury Ward for a hospital in Minnesota.

Stave

Glennbear

Glenn
Incredible work on a massive piece :eusa_clap Please keep us posted as you complete it. :wsmile:

cskipper

Cathy
I don't even know the words that give sufficient credit for that piece - absolutely amazing! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
I can't imagine the amount of work, headaches, back aches and talent it takes to do that piece of art. But it is amazing.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
SPEECHLESS!!! That is fantastic! Thanks for sharing.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
WHAT DETAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Awesome work and I hope I get to see the final product.

I see plenty of great feedback when you have it completed.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

stave

New User
stave
Thanks for all the kind comments. I have been working on this in total for about 6 months. The only router work was the trees at the very top and the water in the bottom corner. It was way to complex to figure out in advance (I did try) that is how I ended up using the bondo at the bottom of the first building top right, routed to much.
I am carving the last building today and will start the painting Monday. Will post a pic soon.
Again thanks,

Stave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS