carter stablizer bearing

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I have looked for a replacement bearing and not had any luck. I do not know if you can buy just the bearing or the bearing and the part it mounts. I can not read anything on the bearing and I am waiting on taking the nut off until I know more.

Anyone ever try to buy this. Called Carter yesterday but they were closed for TG.

Thought about all the stuff my wife has in her craft room. Used her magnifier and found this on the bearing, r4a-2rs. Found a bearing on the net but it does not have the grove for the blade.

Beginning to think this is one of those things which you can buy only from Carter at a ridiculous price.

Did some further searching and found where the bearing is actually pressed into the grooved housing. The grooved housing is actually what I need. Not sure how it happened but I have a knick in the bottom of the grove. Any chance I can find this somewhere. Carter wants $40 and you have to buy the small shaft, housing and bearing.

Last edited:

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
6200NR IIRC. I had one of those once. The "NR" means snap ring sealed. A couple pair of pliers and pull the snap ring off and discard.
Most local bearing places have them.
Google that bearing number to be sure the dimensions are the same. I'm about 80% sure that's the right size.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS