Carter BS quick realease

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I have a Delta 14" BS. The part of the quick release which moves up and down has a V groove in the top. The bottom of the Delta tension rod is beveled. The groove is to narrow for the rod to sit in. This allows the Carter part to twist. When it twists the gears do not mesh properly and lock in place. This means you have to release the blade tension to move the release. This defeats the purpose of the quick release. This was a gift so I really do not want to go through returning it.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Don't worry about returning it, as Carter products only carry a 30 day warranty, according to another post either here or elsewhere.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Have you called the company to see if they have a solution? Does your quick release say it is for a Delta 14" saw? Maybe there is a part missing.

Roy G

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I have a Carter Quick-Release on my Delta 14in. BS. I bought it from Carter, and the spects were for my saw . No problems.

Pop

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A picture is worth a thousand words. It would definitely help to understand the problem you are having, and suggest solutions.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
My BS was bought in the mid 90's. It was made in the USA. When I tried to order new bearings I turned it inside out and never found a Model #. I have all the original paper work. There is a serial #, a Cat. # and a part # in the instruction manual. There is not a model # with the exploded drawings and parts list.
The quick release is for a Delta 14" BS. When I called them it was not a pleasant conversation. They said it was obvious I had broken a bearing. I asked how they could know this. They told me that a broken bearing was the only thing it could be. I asked if it was a broken bearing how did they know I broke it. They then asked me if I wanted a $45 repair kit. I told them since there was not a broken bearing I did not think a repair kit would help. At this point I decided it would be best to just end the conversation

I started the conversation with Carter with nothing but good feelings about the company. I have other Carter products in my shop. I was stunned with the way I was treated.

My BS has turned into a comedy. I do not discount the fact that I might be the comedian:eek:

I used my BS today and it worked great so I am a happy camper.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The USA made Delta 14" bandsaws are pretty generic. Parts from the 1937 model, fit the 1994 models. Only the color, and how the door is mounted (hinged, or studs and knobs) have changed. Stands and motors have changed, but basic saw is the same. Get a copy of Loius Ittura's catalogue. It's the band saw bible. Be sure and send him a donation to cover his costs. As for amount of donation, give what you think his catalogue is worth to you once you have looked thru it.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
The USA made Delta 14" bandsaws are pretty generic. Parts from the 1937 model, fit the 1994 models. Only the color, and how the door is mounted (hinged, or studs and knobs) have changed. Stands and motors have changed, but basic saw is the same. Get a copy of Loius Ittura's catalogue. It's the band saw bible. Be sure and send him a donation to cover his costs. As for amount of donation, give what you think his catalogue is worth to you once you have looked thru it.
I talked with someone at Loius Ittura's and he was amazing. I finally ended the call because I felt like I was taking advantage of his time. I am really looking forward to receiving the catalog.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I bought a "Stabilizer" from Carter, and when I called with a question I too was treated like an idiot. Somebody needs to give their customer service folks a swift kick in the pants. This an't the way to customer relations.

Pop :(

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS