Carbide roughing tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLW

New User
Harold
Has anyone tried or purchased the carbide roughing tool ( the "Peeler" ) from www.jandbtools.com. ? It's about half the price of the Ci1 Easy Rougher. I think I will put one down for my Christmas wish list. I was told today by J&B they are working on a tool to compete with the "Hunter Tool" for half the price. I say kudos to J&B for showing the other companies and us they are charging too much for their products. Thanks for any info on this.:icon_thum

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Hi again harold :gar-Bi don't know if you forgot,but I made this post when you ask about it the last time :gar-La; feel like i'm stutterin.Anyway hope it works out for ya.When I get back up to NC you you can try out my ER :dontknow:
Hey Harold,hows it going :gar-Bi I used one of those cheaper ones while in NC,just to see how it compaired to the Ci1 and believe me you can tell the difference,and the fellow that had it, used my Ci1 tool and said he was getting the Ci1 ASAP.Hopes this helps

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Support Craig and buy a Ci tool. You get what you pay for ... maybe even more. The Ci tools are top notch and the PEOPLE behind them are even better.

HLW

New User
Harold
Ken,I do remember your comment on the tool but I couldn't remember if it was on the other web site?I haven't decided yet on the purchase. I'm just testing the waters right now hoping someone had one or tried one.. Was this the brand that a friend let you try? I own the Easy Finisher but I thought I would consider this brand if it was good.:mrgreen:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My 57 + years have taught me you pretty much get what you pay for. Like many things not all carbide is created equal. I have the Easy Rougher and plan to buy an Easy Finisher after the holidays.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Support Craig and buy a Ci tool. You get what you pay for ... maybe even more. The Ci tools are top notch and the PEOPLE behind them are even better.

+1:icon_thum I have the Ci rougher and finisher and would not trade them for anything on the market now:eusa_danc

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Hey Harold,I do believe it was the one your speaking of,but that was a few mo's back an being I can't remember what happened 5 min ago I can only be about 99 an 9/10th % sure :rotflm:

HLW

New User
Harold
:tool::tool: Hi everyone. I made my decision on a roughing tool and it is the "Peeler" from J&B Tools. I have the "Easy Finisher" and I have no complaints and in fact I like it. I was hoping to get the feed back I wanted on this tool but it seems no one had used or owned one, but thanks for the replies. I think one said "you get what you pay for" but it has been my experience you sometimes don't get what you pay for either. After talking to J&B tools I think it was a good choice. The only difference I can see between the ER and the Peeler is that ER is made of 1/2" stainless steel and the Peeler is 1/2" carbon steel but both have carbide tips. And I say "sooooo what"!!! I'll let you know if I made a mistake, but I don't think so .:icon_thum

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Good deal ... I'm sure it will work just fine. Often times the original is a bit more expensive and it's easy to undercut the price without losing much quality. The difference in steel is really a difference in rust as best as my tools prove.

Let's see some pics when you get it up and see what you think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS