Candle Holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

The A Train

New User
Adam
Heres a quick and dirty tea light holder. I made this from some scrap walnut mr ken was gracious enough to let go of. Started out as rough wood with live edge. It ripped it down on the table saw; cant recall measurements but it was somewhere around a 2x2x20. Then I got a 1 1/2" forstner bit and bored out 11 holes about 1/2" deep. The finish is just some cheap mineral oil.

Its not the best piece ive made; some of the holes are off center, but the wife seems to like it enough and thats what matters!

ed326fc2bdda107c67c06c1e33a6a005.jpg

f97fd554dab10bedc61566d43ec3f640.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Glad you could make something useful out of that scrap Walnut. Very nicely done. Happy wife, happy life.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
If we did this for outreach, would we need to put a disclaimer on it not to leave the candles unattended?

In this day and age, I'd say we should put warning labels on everything!

"Warning, do not leave lit candles unattended"
"Warning, you can poke your eye out with these lightsabers"
"Warning, these lightsabers will not protect you from angry ewoks"
"Warning, turning a pen on a lathe is addictive, and can result in large credit card charges at Klingspors"
"Warning, a handmade pen will not make your father in law like you, no matter what your wife says"

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
I'd second the candle concerns. The few home fires I've personally seen were mostly candle related and only distantly followed by grill or grease fires.

Oh wait, the cat once started the toaster while a tea towel was draped across the top. That cat could cause more trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS