Can you see a crib in here somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryC

New User
Barry
My crib project is under way....

I picked up a 100 bfd of rough Cherry from Internet lumber on monday and just as I got it home it started raining so all I had time to do is stack it against the wall to get it in the dry.

tn_DSCF0098.JPG

Today I cut off a 3' foot end of one of the rougher boards to see if I could actually do something with it and here is the result.

tn_DSCF0099.JPG

tn_DSCF0100.JPG

I actually got 2 boards that are four sides are square!!!! Seeing as how this is the first lumber I have ever worked with that didn't come from a borg and was already square I think I did pretty good. Only 99 bfd left to true up!

Ready for a little gloat? My new planer should help out.

tn_DSCF0101.JPG

RandyJ

New User
Randy
A double YOU ROCK, Barry!
One for the wood and one for the planer. They should help turn out a beautiful crib!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sweet, keep us posted on your progress. I look at trees and see furniture...it's a curse :lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Crib building is what brought me to this wonderful site!...that certainly does look like it will be a beautiful crib. Keep us updated w/ WIPs!

sapwood

New User
Roger
You're already ROCKING, Barry!
Love that cherry :eusa_danc
I've read good reviews on the Ridgid planer and it's good to see you have it hooked to a trash can separator. That will greatly reduce cleanup!

99 bd ft of wood on the wall, 99 bdft of wood,
98 bd ft of wood on the wall, 98 bdft of wood,
Got it
:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Roger

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Barry, that is an awesome score, wood and planer all in one gloat. I have the same planer and so far so good. What did you think about Internet Lumber? I look forward to meeting you Saturday morning. YOU ROCK!!!

BarryC

New User
Barry
Now all need to get started is a good set of plans. Did I put the cart before the horse by getting the wood first? Nah I knew it was gonna be cherry.

Dave my curse isn't as advanced as yours I am still trying to figure out how a piece of furniture was made when I see it.

Roger that is an optical illusion. The trash can seperator is going to a jointer you can't see. There was a shop vac hooked up while I was playing but I didn't run enough trial pieces thru it to make too big of a mess. But I can see that it will need to be hooked up when I get serious or there will be a mess on the floor!!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hmmmmm..... Guess it's time to make up another word........
How about CONGROCKULATIONS!?
:gar-Bi

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Stealth gloats are my favorite. :gar-La;

You are rockin' but you left out a little info and maybe a photo. I am assuming this crib is not for you...

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
A tag on...

Is that the middle of a bow on your bench? I have plans for some and keep my eyes open for good staves (yew is kinda rare in these parts; it will probably be hickory).

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Awesome Barry, both on the lumber and the planer. I have the older Ridgid model, and I've been extremely happy with it. From looking in the background, I think I have the same dust collector and trash can. Just not the same amount of space :-(

Looks like you got everything to make a nice crib!

BarryC

New User
Barry
Hmmmmm..... Guess it's time to make up another word........
How about CONGROCKULATIONS!?
:gar-Bi
I like the new word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the new word too!! Has anyone called Websters yet to let them in on it?

Tracy, its gonna be good to meet you tomorrow too and all the other folks meeting at Cracker Barrel.

Dave, I have an idea in my head from several different cribs but so far I haven't found the exact plans yet. I would like it to grow with junior or juniorette (won't know which until may 20) from a crib to a day bed to a full sized bed. I may just get out the graph paper and start designing it the way I want it. I will probably buy, beg, borrow or steal a set of 3-in-1 plans just to see how it morphs into the next stage.

Hey Andy no pics yet except for the ultrasound kind that didn't like being put in a digital format. And yes that is a bow handle on the bench. It is a prototype for one I designing made from popular. It is still kinda rough but so far I think its gonna work just fine.

Bas I really wanted the older model just because there was a stand included and both reviews were so similar but oh well I guess I'll have to build another tool stand. I thought you guys said planers were really loud? I must have listened to way too much loud rock and roll growing up because it didn't seem all that loud.

Last edited:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Ok You Rock, and Major Suckage goes to you with all that Cherry and Nice Planer by the way!

So where is this Internet Lumber located? I looked them up online, but don't see an address.

I can't wait to see your progress on the Crib, I may be needing to build one soon myself. What plans do you have, bought, or made up?

Matthew
Custom Home Audio
M&R Audio

BarryC

New User
Barry
Internet lumber is in Mocksville. I got their address from their web site and mapquest took me right to them. Only problem I had was their building isn't marked with their name so I had to choose from all three businesses on that dead end street so I picked the one with the lumber by the dock bay doors. I got it right, luck guess I'm such a smart feller!
Mike, moan over!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS