Can we go ahead and post about recruiting new board members

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I think it might be advantageous to go ahead and announce the recruitment of new board members. If folks want to make changes to what we are doing we should remind them to run for the board.
Cathy

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Here is how it went last year (and the previous year)...

3/23/2011 - 4/24/2011: Nominations

4/25/2011 - 5/1/2011: The candidates introduced themselves

5/2/2011 - 5/13/2011: Online voting.

5/14/2011: The date of the Spring picnic. I was setup to accept votes at the picnic from corporate members, but nobody voted there. The results were announced at the picnic.

I think that it's customary for the Secretary to start these threads, but Cathy, if you're motivated to do it, feel free. It's no skin off my back. ;) One thought I had about starting this thread right now was that it may be a bit too early. The thread will get lots of attention for a few days, then it will drop off and have to be "brought back to life" by us. That being said, the voting (in the past) hasn't started until May, that's two months from now.
I don't know, it was just a thought, and like most of my thoughts, they should be taken with a grain of salt.... :rotflm: As far as I'm concerned, we are the BOD and we can do it however we want, so if you all want to start this process now, that's cool with me. If you want to wait for a little while, that's fine too.

Here are some links to the threads I did last year:

Nomination Thread

Candidate Introductions Thread

Voting Thread

cskipper

Cathy
I wasn't trying to step on toes, just asking if others felt it was a good idea to start this a little bit earlier. The ball is definitely still in your court.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I wasn't trying to step on toes, just asking if others felt it was a good idea to start this a little bit earlier. The ball is definitely still in your court.

Sorry for the late reply. I was in Charlotte doing some work on my parents' house.

Cathy, I didn't take that at all as you stepping on my toes. :gar-Bi Personally, I'm cool with whatever. I've got two VERY long weeks coming up in Colorado, so if you'd like to write that thread, I'm totally cool with it. Just wanted to get some other opinions on when this thread should be posted...

M

McRabbet

I agree that we should initiate the process in the next week or so at the latest. My daughter's surgery is this week and I will probably make an announcement about my absence in the next few days.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't see a problem with starting it any time now. It will give members an opportunity to start thinking about it. If it's posted in the General Announcements Forum with the statement that nominees can only be considered from and nominated by Corporate Members it may induce some members to opt in. Otherwise it should probably be posted in the Corporate Forum IMO.

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
We should also have it added to the Special Events Calendar to keep it in the forefront.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Sounds good. I will write the thread and post it here for you all's approval. Let me get my ducks in a row here. There are four open positions. (Rob's, Tracy's, Andy's and mine). From what I understand, Rob, Andy and I will be stepping down and not seeking re-election. Tracy, do you plan to run for re-election?

As far as posting it in the General Announcements Forum, initially, I would hesitate to do that, but I guess if I spell it out for them they MUST be a corporate member to run then it may work. That sounds good.

Last edited:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Greetings fellow NCWWers,

As many of you probably know, it is that time of year again. Election time is here! :eusa_danc

This year, there will be four seats on the BOD opening up. The terms of: Rob (Mcrabbet), Tracy (TracyP), Andy (CaptnA) and mine (Trent Mason) will be up. Unfortunately, each of the four of us have had some trying circumstances arise in our personal lives and none of us will be seeking re-election. Cathy (cskipper), Barbara (b4man) and Dennis (Gotcha6) will serve out the remaining year of their terms. This will help to provide continuity for the BOD.

What this means:

We will have four seats that NEED to be filled. As for who serves in which positions, that will be decided amongst the new BOD after the results of the election are announced.

We all know how much NCWWer means to us, and that the fellowship, friendship, and camaraderie that we all enjoy here is truly one of a kind. :rolleyes: So I ask that anyone who is willing and able, please nominate yourself for the upcoming election! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Please keep in mind that only Corporate Members are allowed to run and vote in the election. You must opt in to Corporate Membership to participate. :icon_thum

We will accept nominations until April 24. Between April 25 and May 1, the candidates will have the opportunity to formally introduce themselves to the rest of the Corporate Members. Voting will begin on May 2 and will go on until May 19, the date of the NCWWer Spring Picnic. The results will be announced at the picnic and subsequently posted online for those who are unable to attend.

Below, I have posted the seven offices of the BOD and the duties required of each. If you have any questions, feel free to send a pm to me or any of the other board members. Thank you so much for your participation! :icon_thum

Trent Mason

President:
The President shall be chief executive Officer of the Corporation and functions as the Chairman of the Board of Directors. Subject to the authority of the Board of Directors, he shall have general charge and supervision over, and responsibility for, the business and affairs of the
Corporation. Unless otherwise directed by the Board, all other Officers shall be subject to the authority and supervision of the President. The President will exercise that authority through the Executive Vice President.

The President may enter into and execute in the name of the Corporation contracts or other instruments in the regular course of business or contracts or other instruments not in the regular course of business which are authorized, either generally or specifically, by the Board of Directors.
The President shall have the general powers and duties of management usually vested in the office of President of a Corporation.

Executive Vice-President:
The Executive Vice President (EVP) shall serve as the chief operating officer for the Corporation. Taking direction from the President, the EVP will direct the day to day operations of the Corporation and supervise the other officers in their duties.

The EVP may assume the responsibilities and authority of any officer of the Corporation, including the President, for the following reasons:
a) Short term absence
b) Long term absence
c) Resignation
d) Death
e) Inability or refusal to act

The assumption of responsibilities will be automatic until such time as the Board of Directors can address the issues.

Vice-President for Internet Operations (Webmaster): The Vice President for Internet Operations is responsible for the day to day management of the Corporations’ Internet operations. This includes all duties both implied and expressly referred to in Section 3 above, titled “Website”, but also includes all other Internet operations. This position is also responsible for planning, staffing, and policy.

Secretary: The Secretary shall be responsible for the maintenance of the following
documents:
Articles of Incorporation
By-Laws
Meeting Minutes
Contracts
All other Corporate Documents and records

In addition, the Secretary will:
Serve as the Chairperson of the Board of Directors Nominating committee.
Oversee the election of the Board of Directors
Oversee all “voting” by creating or causing to create all necessary notices and ballots, certifying voting results and maintaining voting records.

Treasurer:

The Treasurer shall have the custody of the funds and securities of the Corporation and shall keep or cause to be kept regular books of accounts for the Corporation.
The Treasurer will file or cause to be filed all financial documentation and financial returns as required by North Carolina and/or Federal law.

The Treasurer shall create or cause to be created any standard financial reports that are needed for the operation of the Corporation.

Events Director:
The Events Director shall coordinate and oversee all non-internet activities such as tradeshow demonstrations, teaching workshops, tours of woodworking shops and similar events to promote the goals of the Corporation.

Development Director:
The Development Director will be responsible for all activities involving fund raising, community outreach, charitable activities and liaison, and publicity.

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I will not be seeking re-election. I have served three terms, it is time for someone else to have a shot at it.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Tracy, that is certainly understandable and I know that I speak for all of us in saying that you deserve a break.

I've edited my post, if you all would like to check it out. The main section that I'd like you check on and approve is this:

This year, there will be four seats on the BOD opening up. The terms of: Rob (Mcrabbet), Tracy (TracyP), Andy (CaptnA) and mine (Trent Mason) will be up. Unfortunately, each of the four of us have had some trying circumstances arise in our personal lives and none of us will be seeking re-election. Cathy (cskipper), Barbara (b4man) and Dennis (Gotcha6) will serve out the remaining year of their terms. This will help to provide continuity for the BOD.

If any of you would like me to leave that part out, I will not hesitate to do so. I know that privacy is important to each of us on various levels and that when it comes right down to it, we don't owe anyone an explanation for stepping down. I only included that to explain that we weren't simply disgusted with the BOD and that's why none of us are running for re-election. :rotflm: If we do leave that part out, I do think that some explanation on all four of our parts would help motivate people step up to the plate and run for the BOD. Just a thought...

M

McRabbet

Trent, I think the language of your proposed post if very appropriate. Thanks.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I was hoping that Tracy and Andy would've chimed in, but I know there is a lot going on. Anyway, I've posted the thread in the User Announcements Forum. I would like to encourage all of you to chime in periodically in that thread.

Looks like the ball is rolling. Let's hope we get four great volunteers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS