Camry trash bag holder

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Our Camry lacks an inherent spot for a trash bag. Adhesive hooks don’t hold for more than a few weeks especially in the summer. Last week my wife noticed this lip on the console and asked if I could make a holder that uses that lip.
13D5284C-5218-4942-AA4B-60E7620645AD.jpeg

Here is the Alpha version.
E9CD8A08-DC5E-44A9-A603-28481966DAEE.jpeg

Now to use for a few weeks to see if a Beta version will be necessary.
1EBBE1B9-F7EF-47F4-B603-B96215AEB37D.jpeg

Now I need to get the vacuum out to suck crumbs.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
The power of the ellipsis!
so . . . that's what they is!

"the omission from speech or writing of a word or words that are superfluous or able to be understood from contextual clues. "it is very rare for an ellipsis to occur without a linguistic antecedent" "

"An antecedent is a linguistic expression which provides the interpretation for a second expression (anaphor) which has little meaning of its own. An antecedent is usually a noun phrase."

"a word or phrase that refers to an earlier word or phrase (e.g., in my cousin said she was coming, she is used as an anaphor for my cousin )."

All found in the warren your cousin led me through.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
so . . . that's what they is!

"the omission from speech or writing of a word or words that are superfluous or able to be understood from contextual clues. "it is very rare for an ellipsis to occur without a linguistic antecedent" "

"An antecedent is a linguistic expression which provides the interpretation for a second expression (anaphor) which has little meaning of its own. An antecedent is usually a noun phrase."

"a word or phrase that refers to an earlier word or phrase (e.g., in my cousin said she was coming, she is used as an anaphor for my cousin )."

All found in the warren your cousin led me through.
Back in my working life, I “did time” as a text programmer and thus got familiar with those sorts of things.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
WHATCHAMACALLIT

Years ago, frustrated by DOS Applications that defaulted 'saves' to a sub-directory (now folder) of the application's executable and other files. e.g My Notes on Freud would be 'saved' to c:\wordstar\documents\ntsfreud.ws and the spreadsheet with the supporting data and graphs as c:\supercalc\sheets\ntsfreud.cal.

It was nuts! Akin to having Filing Cabinets labeled Pen, Pencil, Typewriter, Adding Machine, Camera - you get the idea - with each client's data/documents scattered about the 'filing system' according to the tool employed to create it

With the aid of auto-executing macros I was able to re-direct such defaults to any directory/folder and created c:\mydocuments in 1983 or maybe four, but actually named it c:\data and explained to my students (I was teaching 'computers' since the early seventies) that the purpose of 'saving' their document was so they might later retrieve it and that they were no longer to "Save the file" at ll. Rather they were to file it where it might subsequently be retrieved even by their replacement some time down the long and winding roads.

To facilitate the approach I had them go to their office and record the labels on the drawers of the file cabinets in their offices, as well as the name or description of the cabinet should their boss ask "Where did you find this?"

I also printed out sheets of my directory structure (expanded to show all levels) and would describe a particular file challenging them to tell me where they would find it on my 'PC.'

For the life of me I was bereft of the term/s to describe my inorganic taxonomy (?) sufficiently to bring it to the attention of my bosses at IBM when I worked there for a while or Gates, et al as his team was developing 'windows' to compete with Apple et al.

Reading your comments, I thought you might be the one to help me define what I was attempting to create.

And, thus, I am asking "What would you call it?"

When I first saw MyDocuments I thought I'd been robbed I tell you, horn swaggled!

Just kidding. They still don't 'get it!'

1657384812341.png

Attachments

• 1657384176354.png
    1657384176354.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 65

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Your question had me stumped for a bit but then I thought that your situation was what librarians face. Then I asked Dr. Google about Dewey Decimal and she said:

The Dewey Decimal Classification, colloquially known as the Dewey Decimal System, is a proprietary library classification system which allows new books to be added to a library in their appropriate location based on subject.

Seems like a “library classification system” is the problem you were solving.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
“library classification system”
Yes, but on a significantly narrower scale. I think I was searching for a way to define a generic taxonomy and, I suppose I did when suggesting the students mirror their office's filing system when creating 'folders' on their 'PCs.'

Thanks for responses. I find the opportunity to 'explain' such things sufficiently to have another understand 'where I'm coming from' is a most helpful exercise in my efforts to understand that as well!

Interesting trip down the classification warren learning of the origins and differences between Library classification systems. I stumbled upon the US Patent Office system search page and, in the spirit of a 'woodworker,' entered the word 'pine' in the search box. Also tried astro and tomato

Quite the trip.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS