Camera in Fayetteville Museum of Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Unlike someone else on this forum who apparently can't be trusted with a camera without adult supervision:dontknow: I took mine to Fayetteville with me today. Pete and I strolled over to the Art Museum at lunch and here are some pics. More can be found here:
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=523&userid=

This was stuff by Mr. Cad:

CADsWork.JPG
CADsWorkD.JPG
CADsWorkE.JPG

Nice work Cad!!

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
This stuff was done by an "Elvie Jackson". Apparently he has access to a big honkin' lathe (yes, that's a technical term):

AmbrosiaVessel.JPG
AmbrosiaVesseltoscale.JPG
BigPlatter.JPG
Sombrero.JPG

Pete had the idea to include my ugly self in the above picture to give some scale to that vessel. Also, the Sombrero is a single piece of wood, not a glue up. So, not only does Mr. Jackson have a big lathe, he also has access to some big honkin' trees!

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
These sculptures were done by a Mr. Norman Keller.

BenchThing.JPG
Sculpture.JPG
Sculpture2.JPG

And that was my field trip to Fayetteville...

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow, beautiful woodwork makes beautiful pixs! Good work Matt. :icon_thum

And Cad's stuff is truly "museum quality". :eusa_clap

Awed,
Sapwood

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Hey, all I did was point and shoot. These woodworkers deserve all the credit!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I think that makes 5 for 5, really nice guys I have met from the forum! These pieces are all pretty awesome.

Without Matt's pic in there, that one particular piece would have been hard to judge, size-wise. It had to be Matt in the pic, because I'm fatter and shorter than the turning... at least when it is on that stand. uglier than Matt, too! didn't want to get him in trouble with LOHL by breaking the camera! :lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Cool, that is some awesome looking work there. Thanks for posting these pix for us Matt.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS