Call out highlighting top notch support

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
We all hear the horror stories about poor support. Companies like Delta that won't even answer pre-sales. Answers that have nothing to do with the question asked etc. Of course, human nature is to complain about bad more than good.

Well, I have had such great communication with several business recently. Actually more than I can remember to list. Here is a quick callout from memory:
Leecraft
Eagle
Harvey
Felder
Knew
Sawblades.com
Woodcutters
MPower
Southern Tool
Klingspor
ClearView
Fine Paints of Europe
JDS, Schiit, Parasound, Blue Jean, Sweetwater, electronics
Many in the British car hobby, 123 USA, British Parts North West, and many others.

Most are small companies where the person answering the inquiry has a direct stake in the company, but not all proving big companies can care about business. All actually sell fine products.
I contend, good business is in fact, good business. I did a lot of Government procurement and program management. Big companies gave me lip service, small businesses gave me results. Biggest company that was truly responsive was Praxis. I could list a page of three-letter companies I dreaded doing business with. Where some dreaded the risks from a small business or minority set-aside, I embraced them as I got more value for you, the taxpayer, from them. More honesty. More respect.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
If anyone has a Glu-Bot glue bottle, FastCap is great.

Reactions: Oka

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I bought a few items from Grizzly in the past few years. In both cases there were either damaged or had missing/lost parts. In both cases they resolved the problems satisfactorily.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
When I say top notch support, I mean they leave you with the feeling they really care about their company and their customers. A bit beyond "resolved"

I bought a couple fast-cap and they are nice, but that has nothing to do with customer support.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Kreg. They are one of the better companies to deal with. I bought a R-33, and later (after over a year) the clamp pad broke. Sent them an email about asking how much to BUY a replacement. Instead, they sent me a complete R-33 FREE!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
You know - we say it a lot, but Klingspor is always "top of mind" for customer service...
I have had the opportunity to visit numerous woodworking stores in various cities and states and if given a choice - Klingspor is my "go-to" for selection, service and simply answering questions WITHOUT the seen or unseen eyeroll!

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Kreg. They are one of the better companies to deal with. I bought a R-33, and later (after over a year) the clamp pad broke. Sent them an email about asking how much to BUY a replacement. Instead, they sent me a complete R-33 FREE!
Yea, you know, I was iffy about Kerg when they showed up, but they do seem to care.

First time I went into the local Klingspor, I was not impressed, but every time after, very much so. ( They were on my original list). My only problem is getting out of their store with my money in tact.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
My only problem is getting out of their store with my money in tact.
I HAVE left my wallet in the car when I visited without a purpose!
BECAUSE, the last time I was in I had no cash and put a LOT more on the credit card than I should have... "Boy I could really do something nice with THAT piece of wood!" I see it now safely in the corner of the garage... waiting for that "Really nice project!" LOL

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
My top four that are miles ahead of all others
Felder/Hammer USA
Target Coatings
Jessem
Lista

spartyon8

Peter
User
My Harvey experience was phenomenal once I came the the understanding that time zones and footprint in the USA were at the root of my issues. Once I accepted those, I couldn’t have been happier with them and my table saw purchase.

The Winston Klingspor will always top my list. Not with my interactions (which have been stellar) but because of how they treated my wife when she surprised my with a Festool track saw. She raved about how they treated her and went above to find one for her.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
This is great timing, I was going to brag about RZ Masks, rzmask.com. Love mine and because of covid-19 I needed to wear it a while lot more. It has two elastic straps that were showing a lot of wear. Emailed RZ and asked about ordering the straps since I didn't see them in the website. Gentleman who answered the phone said they don't offer replacements online at the moment. He asked for my address and said he would ship replacements to me at no cost. That's a company who stands behind their products.

Check them out if you haven't yet. They are starting to rebound from covid with new products.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
As a couple mentioned companies I had not heard of, I looked them up. Just sent an inquiry to RZ as it looks like their elastic section might allow better freedom of movement that similar ones do not. A mask that works under a welding helmet seems to be very hard to find.

Going to look at Target Coatings products.

Keep the new recommendations coming. It is great to find products you have not heard of from companies that care.

Note: Masks with exhaust filters should never be used for COVID protection. They may protect you, but not everyone else.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
FWIW with RZ masks you can replace the exhale valves with a plug they offer.
Unfortunately my employer won't let me wear mine with the plugs.
They are concerned that others may assume that the mask has exhale valves in place.

It's annoying but I live with it and get on with things. Keeping my good masks for the shop use I originally got them for.

If you are considering RZ masks I'm really happy with them. I have both the single strap and two strap styles. I prefer the two strap. My son prefers the single.

Bill J

Bill
User
Klingspor has always been great. I have had great support from Rockler too. They are always friendly and willing to help.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Lee Valley also has top-notch CS. I had a part missing in shipment and they sent the replacement right away. Not their problem, but they made it right. The UPS driver found the part in his truck a few days later.

Some others have required I return an item at my expense before considering a replacement. That was their written policy, but the policy sucks. Like Peachtree.

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
For the CNC people, Shopbot and Centurion Tools have always been top notch. I have dealt with both for 12 years.

A couple of years ago, when I first got into woodturning, I had a great experience with Robert Sorby. I broke a spindle roughing gouge right at the handle while trying to use it on a bowl, didn't know any better at the time. I emailed them to ask about dimensions to re-grind the tool shorter and make a new tang. They right away emailed me back and asked if I had used it on a bowl, I answered honestly. They told me not to grind the tang, that they would send me a new one free of charge. In a week, I had one at the door that they sent from England!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS