California Redwood 6x6 9 feet long for sale

tony ryan

New User
Tony
Hi All,
I had this wood shipped form CA for a project then the client cancelled the job. The wood came from a felled Red Wood during a storm.
Very hard to get.
Hoping someone can purchase the wood and make something beautiful with it!

Attachments

• IMG_4094.JPG
    IMG_4094.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 466

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Welcome to NCWW Tony! We have another forum titled "Who We Are" so go there and introduce yourself to the broader membership.

6 x 6 x 9' is 27 board feet. What is your asking price $/board foot for it? Both pieces picked up at your house which is located where?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
There are several suppliers of Redwood beams in California and Oregon but they all have "call for pricing" so I don't know what the going rate/board foot is.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
My parents had a timber ranch in Mendocino/CA 6x6 is typically 24-30.00/ft plus shipping in Northern Ca. I know Redwood sold at the east coast is typically about double that rate

Jeff

New User
Jeff
This wood cost me 1800.00
I’ll sell it for 800 cash
I just hate it sits here
I’m not a woodworker

Why did you buy it? What was the project that it was intended for? You're taking a considerable loss!

The beam on the left isn't a full 9" x 9". It looks like about 1/4 of an original round log.

tony ryan

New User
Tony
I bout it to make frames for art pieces I was working on for a company
They cancelled the project and gave me the wood
I can’t stress enough
I want this wood to go someplace someone will make something beautiful out of it !

Jeff

New User
Jeff
"I bout it to make frames for art pieces I was working on for a company
They cancelled the project and gave me the wood"

You paid $1800, but will sell it for $800 and the company gave you the wood too? So who paid for what? It's interesting that you're not a woodworker but was going to make frames for art pieces. ??????

Unfortunately, there hasn't been much interest in buying this wood from you.

tony ryan

New User
Tony
They paid for the wood and gave it to me as part of compensation for canceling the job
I was in process of interviewing craftsman to do the work.
Yes it is unfortunate there is little intetest
I’ll find some use for it somehow

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Tony, Do an image search on “curly redwood” and see if the images are similar to the right beam. I suspect your beam won’t be as highly figured but maybe the other side is.

Also the beam on the right appears to be “quarter sawn” stock. That is a more desirable cut.

Beams might appeal to someone milling architectural work. Landscaping, pergolas, gazebos, etc.

If the wood is figured and quarter sawn, there may be an interest for wood turners or luthiers.

I used to live near Napa/Sonoma area of California. Redwood was more readily available in that area but not necessarily figured wood that was cut in larger beams.

tony ryan

New User
Tony
Hi Tendriver
Thank you for all the info but I have no idea about those things
I was hired to create an art piece. The wood was bought for the frame I designed to hold it
I hope there is someone out there that can use it!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS