California Air Tools free to good home

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Hello all,

I have a California Air Tools model# 10020C air compressor. It's six years old and, until today, has given me excellent service. Today, it started tripping the circuit breaker every time I tried to start it up. I may know a little about building harpsichords, but when it comes to machinery, I know nothing. There is no service center that I can find in my area, and I can't be without it for the time it would take to have it repaired.

So I decided to buy a new one instead of trying to have this one fixed. I ordered the same air compressor (10020C) from California Air Tools as I was very happy with mine for the six years I've had it. I have no idea why it's tripping the circuit breaker - it could be something as simple as a start capacitor (whatever that is) or any one of a number of other possibilities.

I am loathe to throw it away, so I'm offering it for free to any NCWW member who is interested and capable of fixing it. If you're interested, please PM me. I'm in Chocowinity, NC, about 1/2 hour east of Greenville.

Here's a photo of the compressor.

compressor.jpg

Thanks,
Ernie

Last edited:

ssmith

New User
Scott
Could be motor or mechanical problems, or possibly the pressure unloader valve is stuck closed.

The 115V version of this pulls 14A and could be nuisance tripping a 15A breaker if it's trying to start up against tank pressure.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
One thing I've found with air compressors and living in the Carolinas is that you need to use the bleedoff valve at the bottom of the tank occasionally to drain the condensation that builds up. Remember, it's easy to compress air. Water? Not so much.

Lancifer

New User
Lance Parrish
Just want to add that this is most definately worth saving, my CAT compressor is worlds quieter than any other one I've used, its made having a compressor in the shop significantly less annoying.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Just want to add that this is most definately worth saving, my CAT compressor is worlds quieter than any other one I've used, its made having a compressor in the shop significantly less annoying.
Yes, I totally agree. Before buying my CAT I had a Sears compressor and the decibel level was unbearable.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Will,

RedBeard is coming to pick it up next Saturday. If for some reason something changes, I'll be in touch with you.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS