Calendar Contest Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just spent a few minutes going over the tallies for the Calendar Contest & wondered if this had any significance with regards to our discussion of the continuation of this event:

There were 109 photos submitted by approximately 63 + - different members.

In no category were more than 72 total votes cast with the lowest being 67 votes.

No entrants were allowed to vote for their own submissions, but it MIGHT be assumed that they did vote for entries by others in other categories, and some entrants had submissions in several categories, disqualifying them from voting on the maximum allowable votes by an entrant of 4.

Without knowing who voted for what, it would appear that the qualified voters on this contest numbered only slightly larger than the number of entrants and the BOD (assuming we all voted).

Am I interpreting this wrong, of does it appear to anyone else that the general membership is not supporting this event?

M

McRabbet

My suspicion is that the abbreviated entry period caused by Photo Gallery difficulties may have impacted the vote -- and I think we could do a better job of keeping the voting on the front burner. I did vote in all categories.

cskipper

Cathy
I also voted for all categories.

Something else we probably should do is re-introduce the concept every year. That it is a fund-raising tool to showcase some of the best projects submitted by our members...that is a calendar featuring some of the best (voted by members) of the NCWW member's project during the previous year...that they are prizes for getting your project voted into the calendar plus the exposure your work will receive during the year. Obviously that's not the statement we want, but we forget that we have lots of new folks joining and don't really grasp the concept in the way we would like.. It might also increase the sales.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I've never been a big supporter of the calendar contest so what I'm about to say is from another view point.

Not being a " big supporter" in no way means I am not in support for having it, only that it isn't something I personally care about or ever have.

I think there were several obstacles in the way of success this year. It wasn't marketed sufficiently. The nuts and bolts required to get interest in submissions and help wasn't "in your face" obvious and there was too much ambiguity surrounded by the entire event.

PLUS, it's thrown in during the Fall Donation, pleas for support for all this other stuff we do ie. Klingspor events and if that's not enough and Raffle is about to start and we've had server issues. Throw in a new board without a clue and in some cases a prayer and what do we get? The answer is pretty obvious to me.

Is this a rant? Probably. Do I think we need more leadership, guidance and support from past officers and Admin's, YES.

On a very personal note, before I participate in another event of any kind I am going to get control of my own job which I'm horrified to admit in 3 months I still am no closer to understanding.

Thanks for the read, sorry to get off topic.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I voted for each category. I do think that had the contest run a little smoother (technical issues, etc.) that we would have had a better turnout with more participation. I wouldn't vote to give up on it quite yet.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I think I voted in every category. Don't hold me to that.

I personally think the calendar contest has run its course.
The first one I remember was a boon in terms of site activity.
Now it seems like a sore spot and a pain.

Cathy, I also thought it was supposed to be a fund raiser. It isn't or at least, hasn't been.
I don't think the site is getting it's money's worth out of it.

Gonna stop. I keep editing myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS