Calendar Contest Results EDITED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jim has opened the results for voting.
There are actually 3 winners in each of the categories other than the cover for a total of 13.
I have reviewed the voting results for the Calendar Contest & in all but 1 case the winner was a Runaway. We have one member winning in 2 categories and we'll need to decide how to resolve that without creating another tie.

Here are the results:

Cover - PhilS - cover 1_d (canoe with NCWW logo above)

Turnings - JRD - White Oak & Walnut vase; Sanders Fine Woodworking - Twins; sawduster - Pine Cone Pen

Furniture - tied - shaf2376 - Maple Rocker, & Shamrock - Walnut Serpentine Front Table ; Larry Rose - Queen Anne Dressing Table

Small Items - PeteM - Cabin Carving; mlzettl - Wall Hung Jewelry Cabinet; FredP - IMG 22894;

Shop Items - PeteM - Tool Chest; bluthart - Workbench9; bash - Hardware Storage Bin

As PeteM has winners in 2 categories, we must decide which entry to award him and then give the other category to 4th place voter.

In the Shop Items Category, 4th place was also a tie, so if we decide to delete Pete's entry there, we must then decide the new 3rd place winner as well.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bump.
I had to edit the results as you will see above. Failed to realize there would be 3 winners in the 4 sub categories excepting the cover. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

M

McRabbet

IMHO, the Cabin Carving is the better of his two winning entries.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
If I cannot get a consensus from the board on the duplicate winner I will go with Rob's suggestion & announce tomorrow. To date I've had little input on this so I'll just have to take it & run with it.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Is a vote on the tie not in order from the BOD? Sorry I have not chimed in but I feel like a majority vote by the board is in order. I had a nasty bug this weekend, even missed both services at Church yesterday. I was online from time to time but failed to pay much attention to any particular thread. Prescription anti nausea meds tend to do that to you. And Fina-gran is one of them. I would call for a vote from all seven board members and see what we get.

cskipper

Cathy
HEADS UP - WE NEED YOUR VOTE ASAP

PeteM has won one of the top three selections in two different categories. We need to decide which we want included in the calendar and the announce the 4th place person in the opposite category as a winner in that category.

You choices are:

1. Cabin carving (Small items) OR
2. Tool chest (Shop Items)

Please respond with either a "1" or "2" so we can get the winners announced.

Thanks,

cskipper

Cathy
Is that a majority of the board? If so, I don't see a reason to wait for everyone else to check in. Opinions?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
What about the 3rd place tie we just created in the Shop Items category by bumping Petem's entry? With his entry disqualified, it gives the 2 former 4th place photos a tie for 3rd. They are :
KenofCary - Roubo style WOrkbench ; mshel - saw till & charging station.

Last edited:

cskipper

Cathy
What about the 3rd place tie we just created in the Shop Items category by bumping Petem's entry? With his entry disqualified, it gives the 2 former 4th place photos a tie for 3rd. They are :
KenofCary - Roubo style WOrkbench ; mshel - saw till & charging station.

Folks, please choose either #1 or #2 below:

#1 = Roubo Style Workbench by KenofCary

#2 = Mahagony Saw Till & Charging Station by Mshel

My vote is #1.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Sorry all, life is winning right now, and I'm running a dead last in all categories.

I also go with 2.

M

McRabbet

In Shops, Ken's Rouboo Bench gets my preference. Let's not delay any longer folks -- IMHO, this is not a Board level decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS