Calendar Contest EXTENDED 1 Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My popular demand we are extending the entry period to midnight Aug 30th. So the lack of time is no longer an excuse.

cskipper

Cathy
:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I don't think this is fair to the people who followed the rules, worked hard to go out of their way, spent money on new camera equipment and got done ON TIME.

Al Millman

New User
Big Al
I don't think this is fair to the people who followed the rules, worked hard to go out of their way, spent money on new camera equipment and got done ON TIME.
I am sure there is more to it, they may be having some issues that we don't know about, give Scott a break, I am sure he is working hard on this. I know I have been having some issues getting my photo on and I started a few days after the initial announcement went out.
Big Al

DavidF

New User
David

Mike you have echoed my exact feelings posted on the thread for the competition. This change should not have been made.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
It doesn't matter to me one way or the other - more the merrier if you ask me - It really doesn't matter how many entries are in or when they where entered - what matters is the quality of the picture itself - if you are not sure of the entries that you have entered now you have time to do a retake and get it in the contest - I for one welcome the extended time and I thank all that is volunteering their time in trying to get all of this organized :icon_thum

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Mike you have echoed my exact feelings posted on the thread for the competition. This change should not have been made.

I don't see the problem. I had an entry ready to submit on Sunday. Now I have some time to go back and improve it - I may re-shoot the picture or maybe just re-crop and improve my editing. As far as I know, you all can re-submit your entries at any time -- I don't see how that is not fair?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I offered to help people make their photos so I don't see how you can make that accusation.

There were rules, some people went out of their way to follow the rules.

Not me, I had mine done weeks ago. If you have been here very long you should know this every year and be ready long ahead of time.

But, I believe in standing up for the rights of others.

When you randomly change the rules to suit yourself or your friends you dilute the honesty and fairness of the contest.

Some people followed the rules and were on time, some were given extra time. How is that fair?

What other rules will be changed?

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Gentlemen and ladies, please read this entire post before forming an opinion. Prior to this year Steve Coles did ALL of the work for the calendar. Steve has since stepped aside and turned everything over to the staff and BOD. Are we experiencing growing pains, yes probably so. Prior to the extension there were not enough entries to have a fair sampling to vote from. Some categories had NO entries. This is not an intentional thing that has happened, just an unfortunate part of growing. Please return this thread to the civil nature it was intended. REMEMBER, we all have the option to vote on the winning entries. The BOD and staff have worked hard to make this happen.

I have removed offensive statements.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
In order to remove any doubt as to my motives for calling attention to the fairness in changing the rules I have removed myself from the contest.

Last edited:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
By popular demand

As the thread started By popular demand... sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't ... but don't kill it, just go with it. :icon_thum This ain't work ... it's fun and what's another week? I mean we aren't playing for a million dollar lotto ... it's our calendar and these are our friends -- cut them a break and hope more entries (and yes, competition for a slot) come to the table!

DavidF

New User
David
It's sad to think there were offensive comments in any of the postings on this thread, that's not what we are normally about here. This is a thread about opinions that differ, that's all.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Everyone:

Tracy's comments are on point. ScottM has been working hard on this! Mike I do not think you need to remove yourself from the contest. I appreciate your offering to help people with their photos. Some people's issues are very basic, to the point that they cannot even avail themselves of your assistance.

As to the extension being for the benefit of friend, please be advised that nothing could be further from the truth! I will vouch for the integrity of the BoD members. Except for ScottM I am willing to bet that none of us even know who has entered. NONE of the BoD members are participating in the contest as we thought that would be unfair.

Finally, we as a Board have had some other pressing issues recently and that took our attention away from this contest. That is another primary reason for the extension. We truly want the calander and the contest to represent NCWW members and be the best it can be.

Most of us have known each other for some time now. We should give each other the benefit of the doubt a little bit more.

Now go make some sawdust! And be safe.

Doug

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Doug,

A lot of things have been deleted from this thread so the conversation has lost meaning and clarity.

I never meant to malign the board of directors.

Sometimes it hurts to have principles, but I will stand by mine.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Mike,

Don't do that...

I am usually a paticular about rules myself, but i am very greatful for the extension as I have not by any means had any free time, until the week before the original end as my wife being in the Hosp since the end of April.

So Thank you for the extension, but I understand what you mean Mike.

Sincerely,

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Gentlemen and ladies, please read this entire post before forming an opinion. Prior to this year Steve Coles did ALL of the work for the calendar. Steve has since stepped aside and turned everything over to the staff and BOD. Are we experiencing growing pains, yes probably so. Prior to the extension there were not enough entries to have a fair sampling to vote from. Some categories had NO entries. This is not an intentional thing that has happened, just an unfortunate part of growing. Please return this thread to the civil nature it was intended. REMEMBER, we all have the option to vote on the winning entries. The BOD and staff have worked hard to make this happen.

I have removed offensive statements.

Tracy and BOD---------why worry about categories? You want the 12 best pictures available for the calendar. So why not just pick the best 12 out of all the entries?

Seems we often get bogged down with rules and regulations, fair and unfair, yada yada yada.

There will probably be issues to deal with every year----if it follows suit from the beginning of the calendar. Life goes on-----------this too shall pass.:gar-Bi

Jerry

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Anyway,

I think that the BOD and the other working members of this site have done a good job so far. To criticize that which is unknown is unfair, I'm sure that there are good reasons that the contest has been extended, and I'm sure some of those reasons aren't to give late comers an advantage.

Can't we all just get along ? BTW, if people truly worry about stuff like this then they can volunteer for some of the commitees or run for the BoD.

So far the new regime has done a great job and deserve congratulations .:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thank you all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors