Cajon Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnW

New User
John
Have a friend that is an exceptional drummer and has helped me out around the house many times so I decided to make him a cajon. I've never made one before but they looked easy so why not, and once I had the design worked out, it was just as easy to cut the material for two instead of one. So once finished the first one, I called LOML out to the shop to see and hear it. As I sat there playing the cajon (I'm NOT a drummer) she did her best to looked impressed and gave me a not so high "thumbs up".

Couple days later my friend and his wife came by for dinner and I gave him his cajon. He had never played one before but sat down and started to "try it out". He immediately picked up on where to hit it to get base, snare and slap, and it was a joy to hear him, and watch his excitement as he played. My wife just stood there with a puzzled look on her face and finally said...."It didn't sound like that when YOU played it".

Ha..Best zinger she got on me in a long time and she wasn't even tryin.

Baltic Birch ply construction with zebra wood top. Six or 7 coats of shellac rubbed out through rottenstone.

Cajon_Front.jpgCajon_back.jpg

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Great. Last week it was a CBG and this week it's a cajon. I'm getting quite an education here. Nice looking piece.

Roy G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS