Cabinet Hinge question

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
I’m not a cabinet guy so this may be a dumb question.
I need to replace a broken hinge on a cabinet door for my sister.
The original hinge is a Blum Full overlay style. Looks like the model number is 84.355
The local box stores here in Philly don’t stock it and I don’t plan to be here long enough for them to get it in.
Are any of the other brands a direct replacement for the Blum hinge? I’m hoping to go back into the same mounting holes etc.

If not I’ll order the hinge sent here and let someone else drive the screws.
Thanks

Woodmolds

Tony
User
I’m not a cabinet guy so this may be a dumb question.
I need to replace a broken hinge on a cabinet door for my sister.
The original hinge is a Blum Full overlay style. Looks like the model number is 84.355
The local box stores here in Philly don’t stock it and I don’t plan to be here long enough for them to get it in.
Are any of the other brands a direct replacement for the Blum hinge? I’m hoping to go back into the same mounting holes etc.

If not I’ll order the hinge sent here and let someone else drive the screws.
Thanks

I don't know about direct replacement, but Salice is the same bore pattern.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
For what it's worth. Not the solation to your problem, I solved my hinge problems by using piano hinges. They always line up and make what was a difficult job very easy. Just my 2¢ worth.

Pop

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
I managed to find a Blum hinge at Lowes here that I could use the door half of to replace the bad one on the lower cabinet.
The bad one was missing the adjuster screw for the reveal.
Come to find one of the hinges on the upper cabinet was bad and wouldn’t open or close fully.
Stole the adjuster screw from that hinge, fit it into the hinge I had just replaced and mounted THAT one in the upper door.
Both are now working and I know more about cabinet hinges than I ever thought I would.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS