Cabinet door pulls location

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdukes

New User
Eddie
Have pretty much finished my bathroom wall cabinet. Got the Blum euro hinges installed. Took me about a half hour to figure out how to release the doors after they snapped in, LOL!! Was almost in a panic.

Any way, is there 'standard' location for the door pulls? I'm planning to mount the cabinet with the center of the door opening eye level. Should I put the pulls at eye level or at the intersection of the bottom rail and the stile?

attachment.php

Note to self: Pick out boards for doors panels first.

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 164

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
For a door at that height, I usually come up 1/3 of the distance from the bottom to put the pull. If the cabinet were at chest height, I put the pull in the middle of the stile (top to bottom). For a low cabinet, I put it 1/3 of the way down from the top.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Tall people can usually reach down easier than vertically challenged can reach up.

Depending on cabinet mounting height, a lower knob might be better.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Personally I'd go with the bottom 1/3 as a mounting location, easier to open when seated

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I usually just mount the cabinets then hold the pull up to see what looks good to me then mount them all the same.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
And part of your decision making depends on the hardware as well. But in this case toward the bottom third or so.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Pics of the knobs? Shaker style round knobs or a pull handle. I don't think that it makes a big difference where you mount them, but what looks convenient and good to you in your bathroom?

tdukes

New User
Eddie
Pics of the knobs? Shaker style round knobs or a pull handle. I don't think that it makes a big difference where you mount them, but what looks convenient and good to you in your bathroom?

Thought about going with these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty...w-c5}:st++cn:{0:0}++p50162hpbwc5+{productkey}

Just didn't want to be 'that guy' that put the knobs in the wrong place. Never did this before so I appreciate the feedback on kind of a stupid/simple question.

Thanks!!

Skymaster

New User
Jack
when you have a location, drill a 3/16 hole to attach knob. Also make a simple jig so it is quick,painless and MOST important consistent. If you want input on making a jig just holler

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Not a stupid question at all. I still don't know what "knobs in the wrong place" is for a cabinet or a chest of drawers.

The cabinet will be hung on a wall at what approximate height to the top of the cabinet from the floor? Are the doors eye level, shoulder height, or mid-chest height?
You choose wherever it looks and feels "right".

Thought about going with these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty...w-c5}:st++cn:{0:0}++p50162hpbwc5+{productkey}

Just didn't want to be 'that guy' that put the knobs in the wrong place. Never did this before so I appreciate the feedback on kind of a stupid/simple question.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS