Buying tools and machinery

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Kind of silly, IMO.. I am casually looking at a new Domino... $1,099 (Set). I see a used one for $1,049 + $20 ship. Ha!

Another used for $980.

Why would I buy used when a new one, with 3 yr warranty, runs $1,045 - $1,099?

I don't want to pay new tool prices, but what can ya do?
Sure, you could wait around .. then wait some more, then maybe find something decent/acceptable, but maybe not. To me, easier to buy new, and warranty, and ability to pay for those fancy & pricey tools with a CC vs coming up with $$$$$. Also, with my CC, it adds 1 extra year of warranty, when I buy new.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Kind of silly, IMO.. I am casually looking at a new Domino... $1,099 (Set). I see a used one for $1,049 + $20 ship. Ha!

Another used for $980.

Sure, you could wait around .. then wait some more, then maybe find something decent/acceptable, but maybe not. To me, easier to buy new, and warranty, and ability to pay for those fancy & pricey tools with a CC vs coming up with $$$$$. Also, with my CC, it adds 1 extra year of warranty, when I buy new.

It depends what extras you get with it. I paid $900 for a used Domino DF 500 but it came with a nearly full systainer of Dominos that goes for $344.90 on Amazon and the 4-piece cutter set. The cutters run over $40 a piece and the Q set comes with just the 5mm bit.

There is a Domino for $950 on the W-S Craigslist with the Domino systainer and some extra stuff but it looks like he's running low on dominos. The ad has been up a couple weeks. Maybe he'd be willing to come down a bit.

Last edited:

avikb

New User
avikb

Another used for $980.

You have a valid point. My Jet Drum Sander died (the motor for the table, not the motor for the sander). I had bought it almost a year ago but it was covered under warranty. I was told if it wasn't it would have been $500 just for parts.
If I had bought the used one and the table motor died...

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
It depends what extras you get with it. I paid $900 for a used Domino DF 500 but it came with a nearly full systainer of Dominos that goes for $344.90 on Amazon and the 4-piece cutter set. The cutters run over $40 a piece and the Q set comes with just the 5mm bit.

There is a Domino for $950 on the W-S Craigslist with the Domino systainer and some extra stuff but it looks like he's running low on dominos. The ad been up a couple weeks. Maybe he'd be willing to come down a bit.
Domino Set df-500 $1,099 new + $350 for the cutter and 1,060 domino's. $1,450 isn't a bad price, imo, for new, but I understand what you are saying. Used Domingo df-500 set for $800-950 isn't bad. It'll save the individual $200-300.

To me, I'd rather pay the extra $$ and buy new... But to each their own. I get what you are saying.

And regarding the Jet drum sander.. if you had bought used, $500 just in parts to fix?! Eeeesh!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS