Butcher Block heartpine table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scwood

New User
BigJoe
My company tore down a old farm house last November and this is what I did with a little of the wood.Im not sure what finis I will put on it yet.Yall let me know what yall think on how it looks
GEDC0877.jpg

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Joe great looking table and way to save the old wood and keep it around for the next generation - Did you get a pic of the old farm house - I think that would be neat to have the before and after pics of these kind of saves:icon_thum Sorry I can't help you on the finish

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Great looking Table Really like the drawer. Way to Re-USE~!!!

If you want a Rock hard/Durable finish that doesn't leave those drink rings. Then use Rockler's WunderCote: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10555&filter=wonder coat

I used it on my kitchen table and have had it for over three years now and now rings. Very Durable/Hard finish...No problems whatsoever. It's just a little expensive and I am sure there is someone on here that can mix up the same stuff much cheaper???

Anyone out there willing to share a simalr mix to WunderCote?

I put 12 coats on this Table:

Goodluck and let us see those finishing pictures.

M

McRabbet

I've used Behlen's Rock Hard Varnish and it is hard as nails (short oil varnish and very waterproof). It may be a bit more amber that the finish Matthew used, but it only takes 2-3 coats. My Kitchen table is 4-1/2 years without spots or damage.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I've used Behlen's Rock Hard Varnish and it is hard as nails (short oil varnish and very waterproof). It may be a bit more amber that the finish Matthew used, but it only takes 2-3 coats. My Kitchen table is 4-1/2 years without spots or damage.

Yes no yellowing or very very little to even be able to noticed. :argue: Now I only put 12 coats on because I was trying to cover a natural defect kind of like a knot and didn't want food getting stuck in it. I probably would of been fine with 3-4 coats. :gar-Bi It also did not cover the defect about an 1/8" deep. Now with Wundercoat I was able to put a coat on every 2-3 hours. So 12 coats went by in 2 days for me after work days.

I'll have to try that behlen's stuff, but if it's like the woodturners finish, that stuff is hard to work with. Especially if you get a tad too much, it streaks and its hard as nails and it's hard to get them out.:BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS