Burnt on Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
Man I'm so ticked. I got home last night from my parents house for Thanksgiving and was heading right to bed. Wile shutting down my PC I noticed that the Table Saw I wanted from HD was on sale for 25% off!

Got up this morning and was ready to buy it but the promotional code didn't work. Seems it was just for yesterday. Grrrrrrrr.

With tax that would have saved me $139.00

My wife says that I should have bought it online last night.

If we're going to play that game then I should have played 4 30 35 57 59 25 and bought new Uni Saws for everyone here. :)

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
If it's the the 4512 you may want to give direct tools in Mebane a call. They tend to have it cheaper than HD especially if you catch on of their sales or get it refurbed.

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
Well things worked out for the best today anyway.

I got on Craig's list to see what's up and to my surprise I found an RC airplane engine that I have been wanting for years. They don't make them anymore. It's an Enya 2.40 size V-twin engine. They sold new back in the 1980's for $750.00 You see used ones now and again on ebay in the $700 to $900 range. This one in new in the box and they guy only wanted $500 for it!:gar-Bi

If I had bought that saw last night I wouldn't have had the money for this engine!

Enya%20VT240.jpg

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
If it's the the 4512 you may want to give direct tools in Mebane a call. They tend to have it cheaper than HD especially if you catch on of their sales or get it refurbed.

Thanks for the info Mike. Where going to drive over there on Sunday to check them out.

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Sorry to hear that Mitch. Today I was lucky...

A few weeks ago, my big Triton who lives in my table bit the dust (well, the Router Raizer I used in it did - blew the retainer cap off!) and I saw a sale on them from Woodcraft for $199, regularly $269. I waited for Black Friday to order it since I planned on buying a few things today. Well when I found the flyer in the shop, it was only good thru Thanksgiving Day!!! Well, my wife urged me to call 'em and plead my case. I'm glad I did. They sold it for the sale price plus free shipping!

Phew! I lucked out.
Bob

PS: Wanna buy a used Triton? It works great, but has no depth of cut control!

T

toolferone

Well things worked out for the best today anyway.

I got on Craig's list to see what's up and to my surprise I found an RC airplane engine that I have been wanting for years. They don't make them anymore. It's an Enya 2.40 size V-twin engine. They sold new back in the 1980's for $750.00 You see used ones now and again on ebay in the $700 to $900 range. This one in new in the box and they guy only wanted $500 for it!:gar-Bi

If I had bought that saw last night I wouldn't have had the money for this engine!

Nice v-twin 4 stroke! Bet it souds cool when running. What are you going to put it in?

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
If it's the 4512 you may want to give direct tools in Mebane a call. They tend to have it cheaper than HD especially if you catch on of their sales or get it refurbed.

Went there yesterday with the wife shopping. Tools Direct had a 20% off sale going. Not as good as the 25% sale I missed out on but there 20% sale was for the entire weekend.

I'll remember that place in the future. I also saw a huge wood workers place from I-85 in the way back. I'll have to check them out next time as well.

Thanks for the tip Mike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS