Bunch of furniture wood for sale in Galax

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I would like to go in with someone on some walnut....Holler back if anyone wins a bid and wants to part with some:eek:ccasion1

rsaucedo

New User
Ras
I too would like some walnut. Lot 1A looks good B less good since it is 4/4. the current bid for 1A is $2,325. The lot title says 1483 bf of 5/4 walnut but the tag in one pic says 6/4. the pics look kinda thick for 5/4. Also, the Galax auction seems to be much more restrictive on loading, for the lots I have opened below is the notation regarding picking up. seems to require a flatbed trailer that I do not have but I could buy as much as 25% - 35%. If we could win, if some one has a trailer we could split the load in the parking lot. Lastly, let's be careful not to bid against each other and drive up our own cost. if someone want's the entire lot say so and I for one can respect that.

thanks and good luck.

"Removal/Loading:
The amount of $25.00 will be added to your invoice for the cost of loading this lot. VAUGHAN (only) will load this lot onto a flatbed (open bed) trailer only. Containers and box trucks will NOT be loaded. Auction Buyers WILL NOT be permitted to load trucks. Please don't ask.

clarkne

New User
Norm
I (as of today) still have the top bid on the second lot of walnut at Galax (the one with what looks like some water stains). I'd be more than happy to split this lot with anyone if I win it. I do have a trailer that they can load the wood on. I like the idea of then just meeting in a parking lot right there and divvying up the wood on the spot. I certainly don't need all of the wood, so let me know if you want in on splitting this!

Norm

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I (as of today) still have the top bid on the second lot of walnut at Galax (the one with what looks like some water stains). I'd be more than happy to split this lot with anyone if I win it. I do have a trailer that they can load the wood on. I like the idea of then just meeting in a parking lot right there and divvying up the wood on the spot. I certainly don't need all of the wood, so let me know if you want in on splitting this!

Norm

I would be in on this but can't take time from work. If someone from the Raleigh/Fayetteville area is going to take advantage of Norm's offer and wouldn't mind hauling back an extra 100-150 bd ft please let me know.

Geoff

rsaucedo

New User
Ras
That is a pretty good lot too. I'm still in for a couple hundred bf. I live near Charlotte do a can't help near Raliegh. sorry. let's keep in touch.:icon_thum

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
I went and looked at this lumber.

It's been outside for a long time, the boards on the tops of the stacks are cracked pretty bad and the boards on the sides are cracked as well. Deeper into the stacks it looks OK.

The Cherry is very light in color, seen in a few places where they cleaned up spots on the boards on the sides of the stacks. It was probably good for stained Cherry. It did not look like Cherry to me.

I did not see the Walnut inside.

This is the 5th and last factory they are closing down, everyting now comes from Asia, only touched by American hands when unpacked in the retail store.

If they did not make it so difficult to load, with insurance and a semi-flat bed trailer I would have been interested in the Maple. But throw in transport, the hassle to de-sticker and unload, then for storage, it is not worth my while as I can get wholesale deals for what I want.

clarkne

New User
Norm
Update: I'm the current high bidder ($750) on the second lot of Walnut, which is Lot 1B on this page:
IRS Auctions

If I win this auction, it's actually going to end up being a bit difficult for me to get up there--not impossible, it's just going to mean some difficult changes to my schedule. So to make a long story short, if someone wanted to outbid me, I wouldn't mind at all. :) My maximum bid is $750, and I definitely don't plan to go any higher! If you really want the bulk of this lot, go ahead and outbid me.

Norm

rsaucedo

New User
Ras
Looks like the bid increased to $775.

If it is one of our NCWW people, I'm still in for a bunch. I could go 1/3 of the 1100 bf bundle. I just don't have a trailer to pickup. I don't want to bid and them not let me load.

Anyone else still interested in some of this lot? The bid on the lot of 6/4 walnut has increased to $2525 or $2575.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors