Bulk deck screws

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanR

New User
Dan
I am building a fence and need about 4,500 deck screws. Does anyone know of a local place to buy in bulk?

Thanks,
Dan

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
McFeely's has a warehouse in upstate SC. $1 shipping, plus it's usually overnight to the triangle area. I wouldn't drive to the BORG for a buck.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I agree with Bruce, and the failure rate on the McFeely's screws should be much lower.

DanR

New User
Dan
Thanks Folks,
I was reading up on ACQ pressure treated wood last night. I need to get stainless steel screws to stand up to the acid in the wood. I will check out McFeely's.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
another vote for McFeely but if you want some place in town you can also try Tractor Supply.

DanR

New User
Dan
I ordered screw from McFeely's today, I need to get over to Tractor Supply and get the asphalt paint for the below grade part of the posts.

Thanks all for your advice,
Dan

DanR

New User
Dan
Thanks everyone, I read up on the different ones and then called McFeely's. They suggested the "ProMax NoCoRode PLUS Plated Screws" so that is what I got.

I had Brooks deliver posts and concrete today, and I just finished painting the post locations. Tomorrow the holes are getting dug (Bobcat with an auger) and I will drop in the posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS