Building a Workbench

Trey1984

Trey
User
Here are a few more pictures as the project moves along.
View attachment 201662 Here is the pattern being applied to the chop before cutting.View attachment 201663 And post cutting and template routing with the inlay taped to the surface before cutting in into the chop.
View attachment 201664 The base assembled.
View attachment 201665 the chop with inlay complete in position waiting for the top to be placed before final trim.

I'll show the vise pictures later. The chop vise is pretty close to exactly what pop-pop has shown except for the dimensions to match the 17 inch screw I'm using.
Very nice. Inlay really nice touch. Can't wait to see it finished

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
Finished today! This took a lot longer than I expected, but most of my projects seem to do that.
IMG_0087.JPG Getting it flattened. My first time using a jointer plane. That is a lot of Work!
IMG_0098.JPGThe finished bench. I will go back at some point and add a shelf below or perhaps some drawers.

IMG_0100.JPGI learned a lot on this project: some of it fell in the category of what not to do of course.
Thanks for looking!

Trey1984

Trey
User
Finished today! This took a lot longer than I expected, but most of my projects seem to do that.
View attachment 202390 Getting it flattened. My first time using a jointer plane. That is a lot of Work!
View attachment 202391The finished bench. I will go back at some point and add a shelf below or perhaps some drawers.

View attachment 202392I learned a lot on this project: some of it fell in the category of what not to do of course.
Thanks for looking!
Beautiful bench! Really like the arches on each and. Is different. Have never seen that on a bench but looks really good. Also like how you used contrasting wood just on the vices and dead man.

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks! The execution was to give me an opportunity to try some new things, and looking up close it is nowhere near art quality.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS