bug report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
When I get a PM and then delete it, I get another notification of the same PM I deleted. When I click on the link, it goes to the PM location but the PM isn't there. This has happened at least twice or more with me. No big deal but thought you would want to know.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I get this too. If I get a PM, read it (and optionally delete it), then hit the back button to go to the home page, the system still thinks I have an unread PM.

But, I may be jumping to conclusions here. Do you see this problem when you hit the "Home" button (and not the back button) after deleting the PM?

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Bas,

I just deleted your pm and hit the home key. Haven't seen any notification yet but will let you know if I do.

Mike

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Happens to me all the time. Figure because I hit the back button I am going back to before I read the PM and the system thinks I still have a new pm. I am retraining to use the home button.

M

McRabbet

I'm fairly certain it is a cache issue, not a site bug. Hitting the Back button simply leaves the notification in place -- I've seen it several times before and just hit the IE Refresh icon to get a fresh screen without the notification...

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I think Rob and Bas have hit the nail on the head. Refresh your browser and the notification should disappear.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
You all have it on the head:icon_thum The back button will almost always take you the cached version on your machine. This is the intended behavior by almost any browser and most webpages
At least, on IE you can change the default behaviour in some cases, haven't had a chance to test it. On FF I can't find the setting.

There is also a theorical way the force the getting of a new page on the back button. But there are several ways to do this, but I suggest that we would not want this behaviour on this site without some very extensive planning and a very contolled set of circumstamces that we want this to happen.

So My recomendation at this point is just remember that the back button does just that gets the previous page without going back to the host. If you need that page updated after the back button, just do a refresh.

Sometimes it is just better to leave things alone,:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS