Bubinga Hall Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
This is my first post in quite sometime....I seem to have long periods of time where I don't get into the shop.

I finished the hall table below for my wife as a Christmas present, it is the final table in a series I built out of bubinga with natural edges. In past few years I built the coffee table and a couple of end tables following this same basic design (pics below). These all came about when my wife walked in to the shop and asked if I could make a table she saw in a magazine...it was a natural edge table. I had the coffee table top stacked up with other scraps from a desk I was building, I showed her my scrap piece of Bubinga, as they say the rest is history!

Bubinga is really beautiful wood and extremely hard. The legs are reclaimed bubinga that was used in a fireplace mantel and the black frame is ebonized maple.

Regards,

Bill

Hall Table in the house:
hall_table_1_.jpg

View image in gallery

Hall Table on the bench:

Coffee Table:

End Tables:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Wow!. Natural but classy, and definitely easy to the eye. Both thumbs up (I notice the emoticon choice has been severely trimmed) from me

Go

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Echoing Mark here - WOW. That's a series of pieces that I am certain have even more character and beauty than the pictures show. Outstanding.

Henry

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
WOWeeeeeee!!!

I can only dream of ever finding wood that pretty.

You certainly did it justice, Bill and will be admired for a long time!:)

Wayne

David Dunn

New User
Dave
Man those look great! I have some of that stuff laying around for some guitar tops, if you don't mind what finish did you use?

Thanks in advance.

CLetts

New User
Carl
beautiful tables! Now THAT'S how to keep your spouse from complaining about the money you spend on tools!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS